PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Text Sizes

jonny_jonny_ho
2009-03-04, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to AUGI, hello to anyone/everyone who reads this message...

Anyway, I have created a family graphic, it is a symbol to represent it on plan level. As part of this symbol, I need to add a text, which is a letter, just to distinguish this family from another type that uses the same graphic...

Basically, I want to have this text to not change font size.

Once placed into a project, the text changes size in relation to the scale of which you are viewing the family component.

Is there a way to set the font size, so that it won't change, and will stay the same size in relation to the rest of the component.

I hope that makes sense...

aggockel50321
2009-03-04, 01:06 PM
Welcome aboard.

Try this:
Create a generic annotation family with your text placed in it. (You'll see the family template under the Annotations folder)

Nest that family into your graphic family and place it where you want it to show.

Load it into a project & test.

jonny_jonny_ho
2009-03-04, 01:42 PM
Thank you...

It seems to still change size when I change the scale of the view in the project...

When you say, nest the annotation family into the graphic family, what do you do?

I loaded it into the graphic family...if that is what you meant. And that didn't work...

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-04, 01:47 PM
Text as annotation will change depending on the scale. If you don't want it to happen, then you have to create it as a detail component and draw your text there.

Andre Carvalho

jonny_jonny_ho
2009-03-04, 02:06 PM
Firstly, I have the main graphic as a family component, and I've tried creating text in a detailed component, and loaded this into the family component...

However, it is not showing the text...the only things showing in the family component from the detailed component are lines (which I put in just to test...)

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-04, 04:37 PM
Yeah, because text will come only if they are annotation families. Texts in any other family won't be transfered to the host family when nested. That's why I mentioned that you have to draw your letter while in the detail component. It won't be a text anymore. Another option is to type the letter in AutoCAD and bring it as a DWG, if you don't want to draw it.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2009-03-04, 06:35 PM
Text by its definition in Revit, is sized based on real paper dimensions, no matter what view scale you're in, or whether you're placing it on a sheet or in a view. The only exception to this is model text, and I'm pretty sure you can't put that in any annotation families, because those are by definition 2D families, and model text is a 3D object.