PDA

View Full Version : Brick Corner Trim

mickaeL_renauD
2009-03-05, 04:40 PM
Is creating a family the only way to create a conrer with brick trim?

mickaeL_renauD
2009-03-05, 05:55 PM
I created as a family now my problem is how to match the brick around the corner/window and door brick trim...any suggestions?

patricks
2009-03-05, 05:57 PM
Not sure what you're trying to create here. Brick model pattern lines applied to a family instance can unfortunately only be moved/shifted while in the family editor.

mickaeL_renauD
2009-03-05, 06:16 PM
To be honest i dont even know what im saying. haha

The problem was that the brick hatch on my ext wall wasnt matching with the conrer trim and the door trim. I created a new hatch for the ext wall so my trim can line up correctly..kinda a pain...

Question what is the best way to have this create(look at the attached screen shot)?

Thanks for the input.

d.stairmand
2009-03-07, 01:04 AM
most of the time you can move & align the hatch pattern as desired to match the edging

patricks
2009-03-09, 02:15 PM
most of the time you can move & align the hatch pattern as desired to match the edging

You can only move and align model patterns in system families (walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, etc). Other placed families with a model pattern set cannot have the pattern adjusted unless you edit the family after the material is set, so that it will open with that material, and adjust the pattern there.

Pain in the patoot yes I know.