PDA

View Full Version : Update Named View on Sheet

c.mcmahon
2009-03-05, 05:46 PM
I would like to update the named model space views on my sheet set. I am working on a very large project and we are still fairly early in the process so rooms may change location. I already set up the sheets for every individual room. I've updated the named view in the view and want it to update automatically on the sheet. Is this possible or do I have to reinsert it?

dzatto
2009-03-06, 05:21 PM
I would like to update the named model space views on my sheet set. I am working on a very large project and we are still fairly early in the process so rooms may change location. I already set up the sheets for every individual room. I've updated the named view in the view and want it to update automatically on the sheet. Is this possible or do I have to reinsert it?
No, it should be possible. The sheet set is only an Xref of the view, so it should update when you change the view file. How did you update the named model space view?

You may have to rename the model view in the sheet tab of project navigator. You can do that by right clicking on the views in the tree directory that make up that sheet, and choosing rename and renumber.