PDA

View Full Version : Tagging the same object with a different tag number each time it is inserted in to the model

speedfreak5150
2009-03-05, 06:06 PM
I was just wondering how you go about giving an object a different tag each time it is inserted into a model? The oject with not be changing

Thanks for your help Jared

twiceroadsfool
2009-03-05, 06:07 PM
Like a door number, but for another object?

You make it an instance parameter, andmake the tag of the appropriate catagory read that instance parameter...

patricks
2009-03-05, 06:08 PM
I was just wondering how you go about giving an object a different tag each time it is inserted into a model? The oject with not be changing

Thanks for your help Jared

You need to use a tag that displays the object's Mark under instance properties, instead of the Type Mark under the object's type properties.

For example a window tag typically displays a type mark, while a door tag typically displays an instance mark.

speedfreak5150
2009-03-05, 06:43 PM
So do i make this in a seperate family or in the the family itself? and am i just adding text to it and then giving it a instants parameter? Can some1 give me some instructions on how to do above suggested solutions

patricks
2009-03-05, 10:30 PM
When creating your tag, when you click to place the Label in the family editor, the Edit Label box should appear, where you will add the parameter that the label is going to report. Use the "Mark" parameter, which will be tied to the Mark parameter in a family's instance parameters.