PDA

View Full Version : Plotdate Trouble

mlf
2009-03-05, 09:31 PM
Hello all. I am trying to make my own plotstamp.

I type in field and choose the PlotDate field with one of the date formats.

I click ok and place it in the drawing. When I place it, it says ----.

I save and plot. On the paper it only says ----.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Mark

Im using ACAD Arch 2008.

Opie
2009-03-06, 06:29 PM
Is this in a text or mtext within a block? If so, then recreate the field within an attribute (single or multi-line will work). Your field should then update when plotted.

Glenn Pope
2009-03-09, 06:34 PM
The date will not show except on the plotted sheet. While in the drawing you will only see "---". You can test by plotting out to a DWF or PDF.

mlf
2009-03-09, 06:48 PM
The date will not show except on the plotted sheet. While in the drawing you will only see "---". You can test by plotting out to a DWF or PDF.

I was just using plain old mtext not in a block. It does not show up in the drawing OR in printed form.

Glenn Pope
2009-03-10, 03:22 PM
Sorry didn't read the line about it not showing up in the plots.

Also I use the PlotDate field inside mtext within blocks for several things and have had no issues with it showing up.

Not sure what would be different. Do you have all the field update settings turned on?

Opie
2009-03-10, 07:04 PM
Must be one of those system variables. The drawings I have open right now are showing the date the drawing was last plotted. The drawings have been plotted since then, but I would guess the drawings were not saved after plotting.

Glenn Pope
2009-03-10, 07:16 PM
Must be one of those system variables. The drawings I have open right now are showing the date the drawing was last plotted. The drawings have been plotted since then, but I would guess the drawings were not saved after plotting.

Sure that the field isn't using Date or SaveDate instead? If its using PlotDate then I have no idea.

Opie
2009-03-10, 07:25 PM
Sure that the field isn't using Date or SaveDate instead? If its using PlotDate then I have no idea.
I checked before I posted. It's using PlotDate within an attribute. I'm not worried about it as it does what I need it to do -> Tell me the date it was plotted.

Glenn Pope
2009-03-10, 07:29 PM
I checked before I posted. It's using PlotDate within an attribute. I'm not worried about it as it does what I need it to do -> Tell me the date it was plotted.

As long as it works. It just got my curiosity going.

RobertB
2009-03-13, 12:24 AM
FieldEval is probably not set to update fields on plot/publish. The default value is 31, which does update fields on plot/publish.