PDA

View Full Version : Excel Table to AutoCAD Table.

Spenner
2009-03-06, 04:25 PM
Is it possible to insert a excel table into AutoCAD then convert it into an AutoCAD table format?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-03-06, 07:04 PM
Is it possible to insert a excel table into AutoCAD then convert it into an AutoCAD table format?

Yes. Using AutoCAD 2006 or above.

1) Open the Excel file and Highlight all cells you want for the table.
2) Right-click and pick copy. Collapse Excel.
3) Open the AutoCAD drawing you want the table in.
4) At the Top AutoCAD menu under EDIT pick PASTE SPECIAL
5) At the paste special window make paste is mark and
pick AUTOCAD ENTITIES and hit OK
6) Pick an insert point.

Have your table style you want set to current when to insert the table or change it later.

Spenner
2009-03-09, 11:56 AM
Beltin.

Thanks for this Capt Computer Crasher..

:)

anna.cummings
2009-03-12, 03:00 AM
When you start the table command, look in the upper right corner of the dialog box, under insert options pick "from data link" instead of "start from empty table". Then "create new data link" and follow the data link manager. It will give more options on how you want the data to stay in ACAD - just the text added to the table, a maintained link between the Excel file and the dwg, etc...

You can also extract data from the current dwg to Excel, like getting an inventory of your blocks. As more blocks are added to the dwg, then saved the Excel file will update.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-03-12, 11:57 AM
When you start the table command, look in the upper right corner of the dialog box, under insert options pick "from data link" instead of "start from empty table". Then "create new data link" and follow the data link manager. It will give more options on how you want the data to stay in ACAD - just the text added to the table, a maintained link between the Excel file and the dwg, etc...

You can also extract data from the current dwg to Excel, like getting an inventory of your blocks. As more blocks are added to the dwg, then saved the Excel file will update.

the OP was operating in AutoCAD2007 which does not have the data link option.

Spenner
2009-03-12, 11:07 PM
the OP was operating in AutoCAD2007 which does not have the data link option.

What versions does it work in?

RobertB
2009-03-13, 12:37 AM
What versions does it work in?Data linking was introduced in AutoCAD 2008.

The CADDinator
2009-04-24, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know why the 16th table locks up the program?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-04-24, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know why the 16th table locks up the program?

Which version are you using and which service pack? also are you using copy/paste to add the datalinks or the data link option from the table command.
if you are using copy/paste try using the data-link option from the table command.

The CADDinator
2009-04-24, 05:48 PM
CIVIL 3D 2008.......All service packs are automatically installed by IT

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-04-24, 05:52 PM
CIVIL 3D 2008.......All service packs are automatically installed by IT

sorry I was editing my last post. are you using copy/paste or the data-link option from the Table command. if using the table command data-link option instead of copy/paste

The CADDinator
2009-04-24, 05:55 PM
datalink option

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-04-24, 06:16 PM
datalink option

datalink from the TABLE COMMAND not the data link from copy /paste

The CADDinator
2009-04-24, 06:26 PM
yes that is correct. i had no problems with the first 15 tables. I even tried combining some tables to be only 12, but "table / insert from datalink / create new datalink" still locks me up every time........short of upgrading to 2009 or 2010 (not gonna happen) what do i do?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-04-24, 06:46 PM
yes that is correct. i had no problems with the first 15 tables. I even tried combining some tables to be only 12, but "table / insert from datalink / create new datalink" still locks me up every time........short of upgrading to 2009 or 2010 (not gonna happen) what do i do?

That is odd. It should have worked. you might want to check your IT guy and verify that the lastest service pack has been installed. How many cells are in your Excel file are any of the data link tables exceeding 2000 cells. that is a cut off number for AutoCAD . The large these table are the lower AutoCAD moves. Is there another computer you can use with more RAM and better processor that may make the difference? other than that I'm out of ideas.

The CADDinator
2009-04-24, 06:55 PM
That is odd. It should have worked. you might want to check your IT guy and verify that the lastest service pack has been installed. How many cells are in your Excel file are any of the data link tables exceeding 2000 cells. that is a cut off number for AutoCAD . The large these table are the lower AutoCAD moves. Is there another computer you can use with more RAM and better processor that may make the difference? other than that I'm out of ideas.
latest service pack has been installed
fastest processor and most ram in the 50+ computers here
BUT my spreadsheet is way over 2000 cells
largest named range to which a datalink links=500 cells
i hate to do it but i may have to add the tables 'cutandpaste' in which case they will no longer be dynamic

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-04-24, 07:12 PM
latest service pack has been installed
fastest processor and most ram in the 50+ computers here
BUT my spreadsheet is way over 2000 cells
largest named range to which a datalink links=500 cells
i hate to do it but i may have to add the tables 'cutandpaste' in which case they will no longer be dynamic

Here's a latest ditch idea try inserting each data link in its own drawing then X-referencing them all into a main drawing that may preserve some memory and the Excel sheet stays linked

The CADDinator
2009-04-24, 08:09 PM
OK i will try that when i get back to the office on monday and i'll let you know

thanks

:beer:

sajeer.ts
2009-05-20, 07:09 AM
HOW TO REMOVE THIS DATA LINK FILE FROM XREF IN AUTOCAD

Capt. Computer Crasher
2009-05-20, 03:04 PM
HOW TO REMOVE THIS DATA LINK FILE FROM XREF IN AUTOCAD

Not sure what you are asking exactly. Are you wanting to remove a datalink from a drawing? or do you have a datalink in a drawing and that drawing is xrefed to a second drawing but you don't want the datalink to show in the xrefence list of second drawing?

if it is the first one:
1) First make sure the datalink is not being used. if it is being used, click on a cell in the table that is using the datalink. right-click then choose DATALINK >>detach datalink. this will detach the datalink from the table.
2) Second type DATALINK. This will display the Data Link Manager.
3) Highlight the datalink you wish to delete.
4) Right click and pick delete.
5)click "OK" to close the Data Link Manager

if it is the second one:
to my knowledge, there is not a way to do this without doing the steps above first and that may not be an option for you. These answers are based on AutoCAD200. I do not know if AutoCAD2009 or AutoCAD2010 can do it.

cadsite.be
2015-06-08, 08:07 PM
I copied a excel table to an autocad table.
All OK but...
The text in this table is Calibri, color: 0,0,0.
I can only change this after going into each cell again. Somebody who knows how to do this in one time? (AutoCAD 2016)

Thanks!

cadsite.be
2015-06-08, 08:09 PM
Somebody who knows how I can change the text color from an imported table to "bylayer" in stead of "0,0,0"?
I can do this cell by cell, but that takes a long time.

cadtag
2015-06-09, 11:37 AM
look for a lisp routing called StripMText. That should cover it for you

papynko364707
2017-08-14, 07:17 AM
Greetings,
I followed the steps and everything worked except the table that the info was paste in is made by lines and text, and every cell has a single line text. I guess there is a system variable that I have to change, so it uses a standard table instead?
I'm using Acad 2014 and OpenOffice.

Yes. Using AutoCAD 2006 or above.

1) Open the Excel file and Highlight all cells you want for the table.
2) Right-click and pick copy. Collapse Excel.
3) Open the AutoCAD drawing you want the table in.
4) At the Top AutoCAD menu under EDIT pick PASTE SPECIAL
5) At the paste special window make paste is mark and
pick AUTOCAD ENTITIES and hit OK
6) Pick an insert point.

Have your table style you want set to current when to insert the table or change it later.