PDA

View Full Version : Material Take off schedules

Carlos GT
2009-03-06, 07:16 PM
I have a material schedule with masonry, wood, stucco, etc. I need to calculate the amount of CMU. So I create a "calculate value" which is the Material voume divided by 0.597 (volume of 1 CMU). The formula works, but calculate the value for all the materials. Is there any that this calculate value only appear for the Masonry material?

Thanks.

BigBadBIM
2009-03-06, 08:21 PM
I don't really see a way to do that, but you can create a schedule JUST for the CMU and filter by Material:name equals xxxxxxxxxxxx and that will be the only material to show in the takeoff.

Carlos GT
2009-03-06, 09:24 PM
I kind of make it work. I created a shared parameter in the material category, I called it "NUMBER". Then I included this new parameter in the schedule and I assigned a number to each material (masonry is number 1); then I created a calculated value ("number of CMU") with the following formula:

If(Material: NUMBER = 1, Material: Volume / 0.6 CF, 0)

The "number of CMU" will calculate the number of cmu just for the masonry material, and will assign zero to the other materials.

BigBadBIM
2009-03-07, 12:25 AM
I kind of make it work. I created a shared parameter in the material category, I called it "NUMBER". Then I included this new parameter in the schedule and I assigned a number to each material (masonry is number 1); then I created a calculated value ("number of CMU") with the following formula:

If(Material: NUMBER = 1, Material: Volume / 0.6 CF, 0)

The "number of CMU" will calculate the number of cmu just for the masonry material, and will assign zero to the other materials.

Very Nice.