PDA

View Full Version : Nested Annotation Symbol Invisible

nicholas.hendrickx
2009-03-06, 07:22 PM
I made an annotation symbol, placed this inside a family 1.
I placed this family 1 in another family 2.
And then this family 2 goes into a project.

Now, the annotation symbol shows everywhere in the family editor, but it doesn't show up in the project! Help!

christo4robin
2009-03-07, 02:10 AM
Where did you put the annotation symbol? On the reference level in a plan view? If so, is there any model geometry that is being "cut" in plan? If not, you'll need to add a model line (use the invisible type in the option bar type dropdown), so something gets "cut" in order for the annotation symbol to show up. If that doesn't fix it, then perhaps you can post the family in question.

nicholas.hendrickx
2009-03-07, 11:13 AM
Yes I've placed the annotation symbol in the Floor Plan Ref. Level.
When I just place the symbol in family 2, it shows up in the project
But when I place it in family 1 and then put family 1 in family 2, it doesn't show up in the project. It does show up in the family editor though.

I guess it's because there are 2 reference levels, one from family 1 and one from family 2?

eglover
2009-03-10, 08:11 PM
What is the family category of family 2? Also, is it unhosted, face hosted, etc.? What you're trying to do is possible, so please post the family so that we can figure out how to get it done.

mjdanowski
2009-03-12, 02:16 PM
Let me guess, it is an electrical equipment family...

nicholas.hendrickx
2009-03-12, 02:21 PM
What is the family category of family 2? Also, is it unhosted, face hosted, etc.? What you're trying to do is possible, so please post the family so that we can figure out how to get it done.

Let me guess, it is an electrical equipment family...

I've decided to not use annotations anymore for this particular thing, but since it might be interesting for other people:

Family 1 is just a generic annotation
Family 2 is a face-based Lighting Fixture.