PDA

View Full Version : Default 3D view won't show

afris
2003-08-26, 03:39 PM
Help! My 3D view has suddenly vanished and I can't figure out why or how. I've been happily rendering various views and perhaps that taxing process made Revit lose it's mind? The view had been set up from the beginning and I'd been using it with no problems and then suddenly, it vanishes. I've tried fiddling with view settings, generating a new 3D view, refresh...all to no avail.
It's a big file (23 MB) and I'm wondering if I've pushed the system too much? :?

Martin P
2003-08-26, 04:27 PM
The default 3D view cannot be removed, if you press the 3D button it must jump to something, that is your default 3D view. If it it does not jump to any 3D view I would save and re-boot Revit. And contact support if it doesnt fix.

Have you maybe duplicated it or renamed it or something, and lost it that way. It sounds like you have re-named it. Even if I delete my 3D default view as soon as I pick the button it creates a new one, what happens when you pick the 3D button??

afris
2003-08-26, 06:11 PM
When I pick the 3D button, I get a lovely blank white screen. I've re-booted with no success. Don't think I've renamed it, because I've checked all the views and not found it anywhere.

I've since tried copying out the base plan and inserting it in a new drawing and voila! the 3D view re-appears!??
I think contacting support is a good idea....

studio3p
2003-08-26, 07:38 PM
Could it be that you've simply panned away from the model? Try zoom-fit (ZF).

David Conant
2003-08-26, 07:55 PM
If you have loaded in dwg/dxf files, their coordinates may greatly increase the extents of your model. This often happens when site plans use state coordinates and are located tens of thousands of feet away from 0,0. Once loaded into Revit, zooming to fit zooms out to include the dwg's 0,0.
If this is the case, try modifying the dwg so that drawing elements are closer to 0,0.

afris
2003-08-26, 09:00 PM
Thank you! :D
At some stage, the civil dwg must have been imported at some enormous scale and once I found it (which took a bit of doing) and deleted, everything is visible again.

beegee
2003-08-26, 09:39 PM
Thank you! :D
At some stage, the civil dwg must have been imported at some enormous scale and once I found it (which took a bit of doing) and deleted, everything is visible again.

Instead of deleting the civil dwg, you can go to visability graphics, and uncheck the drawings display. You can also use, File>Manage Links to achieve the same thing.