PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Schedule as Key Schedule - Problems

saeborne
2009-03-09, 04:18 PM
Hello all,

We have been using Key Schedules to represent Hardware Schedules, as outlined in this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=20344

The attached jpeg will give you an idea of how our hardware schedule appears. There is a hidden column called "Hardware Set" that is used to sort/header for the other elements. Just to be painfully redundant, this is a Key Schedule, not a Schedule of Building Components.

So far so good. Looks great on my drawing set. Here's where I'm running into trouble...

Let's say I need to revise one hardware set, and I want to issue it on an 11x17 sketch sheet. Many functions are not available to Key Schedules:

- I can not duplicate the view (with detailing / as dependent / whatever)
- I can not Filter a Key schedule, to show just one hardware set.

I swear that I was able to do these commands to a key schedule in a previous version of Revit. Am I going mad? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

patricks
2009-03-09, 04:36 PM
You can't duplicate a Schedule Key because you can't have 2 schedule keys with the same parameter name (under Other in the Schedule Key's properties).

As for filtering, I've often wondered why that tab isn't available in a Schedule Key's properties. I guess the factory didn't count on anyone needing to filter such a thing, since it's not actually scheduling building components.

It looks to me like you're going to have to set up another schedule key for your revision, and just have the items shown from the revised section of your original Schedule Key.

saeborne
2009-03-09, 04:43 PM
This definitely has the potential error... If I create an altogether new schedule to revise "Hardware Set D," then I have to manually update each schedule, to ensure that the information is consistent.

On a large scale project with long term CA, then I might have to revise these hardware sets dozens of times.

There must be a better way to represent Hardware Schedules, so that they can better respond to future revisions.

patricks
2009-03-09, 06:12 PM
Also as far as I know, Schedule Keys have never had a filter tab. They've always had one less tab than regular schedules, so I'm pretty sure Filter is the one it doesn't have.

saeborne
2009-03-09, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone have a better method of doing hardware schedules? Key Schedules won't give me the required flexibility for future revisions.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan