PDA

View Full Version : Showing Fence on Site?

nsinha73
2009-03-10, 04:31 PM
How are you guys handling Chain link Fence on Site Plans....and enlarged plans.....
I made my balasters like an "X" as representation....but those "X" gets enlarged as well....it sucks...
Any other approach is welcome....thanks guys

azmz3
2009-03-10, 05:27 PM
we are acutally going through the same thing in our office, since Revit cant use "smart" line types, like ones with symbols or letters in it, like you can in CAD, the only workaround I have heard, but not tried, would be to make a repeating detail for it and use that.

nsinha73
2009-03-10, 05:43 PM
I have used Repeating Details but they get left behind when a Call-Out is applied.
Don't know how else to tackle this.....

nsinha73
2009-03-10, 06:01 PM
I have used Repeating Details but they get left behind when a Call-Out is applied.
Don't know how else to tackle this.....

Hi nsinha,
How about trying Line Based Model...it works fine.... good luck!

dbaldacchino
2009-03-10, 06:22 PM
Here's an example.

patricks
2009-03-11, 02:28 PM
Here's an example.

I see what you did there (that Bid D! family type) :p

Nice family, though. I think we'll be making use of it.

One question: it appears that the detail component must have at least 2 line segments and at least 2 labels along the length, or it can't make the component. Is that right?

dbaldacchino
2009-03-11, 02:52 PM
Yeah I didn't want to complicate it too much by making it only show one segment. I figured it's not going to read anyway if the line segment is that short. For most cases it's worked fine. If one really needs one segment, I guess you could add a line and a piece of text ;)

patricks
2009-03-11, 03:06 PM
Any possibility of this working as a model component so that it will show up on all site plans without having to copy/paste? Would the labels still work in a model line-based component?

nsinha73
2009-03-11, 04:37 PM
Guys Try the exact same thing with "GENERIC MODEL LINE BASED" It works a lot better.
Have a nested Generic Annotation to represent "X" (fence)

azmz3
2009-03-11, 06:09 PM
We actually made one in our office yesterday, a little like the one dbaldacchino posted, but very simple, and not fully parametric. so far, we have found it to be useful for what we need it for. we used the line based model, and drew in the line and the "X", and didnt use text for it.

patricks
2009-03-11, 08:46 PM
I like what Dave posted because we can also use them to show site utilities like gas, water, sewer lines, etc.