PDA

View Full Version : Blurry Tool Tips & Ribbon

jontramos
2009-03-12, 02:09 AM
Has anyone else experienced blurry ribbon & tool tips in ACAD? I thought my eyes were bugging out, but its only with AutoCAD, all of my other programs look clear and sharp. See attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

rkmcswain
2009-03-12, 04:03 AM
This may sound silly but if you are using an LCD monitor, and if it has an "AUTO" button (to auto config the display), try pressing it. I have seen certain areas of a screen look blurry and other areas look sharp (such as your image) and it was all in the monitor.

Opie
2009-03-17, 07:54 PM
I don't think it is the monitor, because his image seems to be blurry for me to.

rkmcswain
2009-03-17, 09:39 PM
I don't think it is the monitor, because his image seems to be blurry for me to.

Maybe I should clarify. I didn't mean that the monitor was defective.
I have seen some "low budget" LCD monitors that do exactly what the screen capture is showing. Blurry in some areas and sharp in others. Doing the "auto" config on the monitor fixed it. Sorry if I misunderstood your comment...

jontramos
2009-03-17, 09:49 PM
Thank you both for replies.

I am pretty sure that it is not areas of the monitor, because all other programs look just fine. Also, if I move the ACAD window around on the screen it always remains blurry. Perhaps its a video setting within ACAD? or an incompatability with my video card? (I will have to go to my home to find out the exact video card)

Chad Smith
2009-04-30, 11:11 PM
I have a similar issue with the Ribbon in Revit so I believe it is an issue with base code behind the Ribbon. It's pretty poor.
http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?p=968005&postcount=118

bwill71
2009-11-04, 06:24 PM
I know this thread is old, but we just got the Autodesk 2010 products and was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this yet?

Things I've tried: Three different LCD monitors, Changed graphics cards 'Nvidia and ATI' and drivers.

Luckly Max & CAD have button options instead of the ribbon but Revit your stuck and that is the program I use the most.

3dsMax is the worst. Notice even the search bar is blurry on all products!

Here is my screen capture of Revit 2010, AutoCAD 2010, & Max 2010:

jaberwok
2009-11-04, 07:20 PM
I don't see a problem there.

jontramos
2009-11-04, 07:24 PM
I don't see a problem there.

If you look closely, the ribbon is slightly blurry when compared to the text in the properties window. It is not a bad jpeg. I STILL have this problem and it drives me insane.

any help would be great.

- Jon

jaberwok
2009-11-04, 08:08 PM
If you look closely, the ribbon is slightly blurry when compared to the text in the properties window. It is not a bad jpeg. I STILL have this problem and it drives me insane.

any help would be great.

- Jon

I think that's just the way it is. :-(

bwill71
2009-11-04, 08:17 PM
OK, I know that I've updated my drivers before and still had the problem, but I noticed newer ATI drivers and updated them again and what do know, the ribbon on all of my Autodesk products isn't blurry anymore.

So Jon, you might try updating your drivers too. Hope it works!

jontramos
2009-11-04, 08:18 PM
I think that's just the way it is. :-(

I don't think it's the way it is, because it looks fine on one of my two computers. There is something about my laptop that AutoCAD's ribbon does not like.

I am glad you included the screenshot of your ribbon, becuase you can clearly see that it looks far crisper on your screenshot compared to the one's posted above.

- Jon

jontramos
2009-11-04, 08:21 PM
OK, I know that I've updated my drivers before and still had the problem, but I noticed newer ATI drivers and updated them again and what do know, the ribbon on all of my Autodesk products isn't blurry anymore.

So Jon, you might try updating your drivers too. Hope it works!

Hmmm.... I am pretty sure my laptop has ATI card as well... so I will do an update when I get home. Thanks for the tip!

- Jon

jaberwok
2009-11-04, 08:24 PM
I don't think it's the way it is, because it looks fine on one of my two computers. There is something about my laptop that AutoCAD's ribbon does not like.

I am glad you included the screenshot of your ribbon, becuase you can clearly see that it looks far crisper on your screenshot compared to the one's posted above.

- Jon

Hmm. It's only a slight difference but, for quality, I suppose it's -
1. my property manager
2. your property manager
3. my ribbon
4. your ribbon.

Are you running your graphics at the "natural" resolution of the screen?
Mine's on a CRT at 1600 x 1200. (4:3 ratio)

irneb
2009-11-09, 07:05 AM
Are you running your graphics at the "natural" resolution of the screen?
Mine's on a CRT at 1600 x 1200. (4:3 ratio)
That's usually the problem with "blurry" text on LCD's. Also try to use a digital (DVI) connection instead of analogue (VGA). This "should" align the pixels one to one, with analogue they may be slightly off.

Also try turning Windows Clear Type on or off. On my XP it's under the Desktop Properties (or Control Panel - Display). Appearance tab, Effects button.