PDA

View Full Version : Lineweights - Printed

azmz3
2009-03-12, 06:33 PM
We are getting going on our first big project using all Revit, and we are trying to get our lineweights to look correct when plotted. Coming from ACA, eveyron always has the comparisons between the two programs. I was wondering if anyone else has a sample of what thet did in there office for lineweights, and the way they print at different scales. Since the lineweights down scale with the view, a #4 line looks the same at 1/2" as it does at 1-1/2". any help on this would be appreciated.

aaronrumple
2009-03-12, 07:04 PM
We are getting going on our first big project using all Revit, and we are trying to get our lineweights to look correct when plotted. Coming from ACA, eveyron always has the comparisons between the two programs. I was wondering if anyone else has a sample of what thet did in there office for lineweights, and the way they print at different scales. Since the lineweights down scale with the view, a #4 line looks the same at 1/2" as it does at 1-1/2". any help on this would be appreciated.

...one thing that may help until you get used to Revit - is to only use one pen scale (just delete all but one scale.) This will keep pen 4 the same at all scales like AutoCAD. Then work up from there over time.

azmz3
2009-03-12, 09:09 PM
We have been using Revit in the office for about a year, but actually doing our first job in it now, we have had alot of the management not on board with it, until now, and I have really taken an active role in the lineweights and other implementation guidelines. the problem is people are still in a CAD frame of mind, even coming into Revit.

William Troeak
2009-03-13, 02:51 AM
What I did early on to solve the line wieght issue was take the Revit default for 1/8" and divide it in half. Then 1/4" was twice as much as my new 1/8" number and so on....

I found this worked okay until I was able to do a lot more in depth testing of line weights and object styles.