PDA

View Full Version : Delete Help

jmsimon_21
2009-03-13, 07:13 PM
I have received a Revit model from an Architect that I am using for the base of a structural model I am creating. I have deleted majority of the families so I can use the base structure. However, while deleting the furniture there a few items that I cannot even select. I have tried it from many different views, but Revit will not let me select a few desks and chairs.

Are these few items locked somehow or is it a glitch or something... Any suggestions would be helpful.

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-13, 07:25 PM
Maybe they are part of a design option. In your options bar, go to the Design options tool (if it is not showing there, right click in your options bar and select Design Option). Select pick to edit and try selecting the elements you want.

Andre Carvalho

jmsimon_21
2009-03-13, 08:03 PM
Thank You! you hit the nail on the head. I'm still pretty new to Revit and I was racking my brain on this one.

bcgatti
2009-03-13, 08:09 PM
As another option, if Design Options do exist you will have a check box available named "Exclude Design Options".

Uncheck that box and you can select multiple items at one time from any Design Option.

Brett