PDA

View Full Version : My Sections have started creating callout bubbles

Dave F.
2009-03-16, 10:42 AM
Hi

Any idea why?

From the Design Bar>Section. It's set to For Reference Only, which is the default I guess. They're now creating callout bubbles & heads.

The only think I can think I've done is set it Detail View: Detail earlier to create a section in elevation that isn't vertical. I've set it back to for reference Only but is still creating the callout.

I've looked in the properties of section element, but see nothing to prevent them being created. I was unaware this was even possible with sections.

Any help to find a solution would be appreciated.

azmz3
2009-03-16, 01:29 PM
it shouldnt create a callout bubble on its own. does the section that you are cutting already have acallout bubble inthat area, for a detail or anything? if so, thn that detail bubble will show up in your section that you are cutting.

Dave F.
2009-03-16, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reply.
No, they don't have any callout bubbles.
I first noticed it when I created two opposing sections & I could see the callout for the one of smaller extent in the larger one.

Also when creating dependant views to place in sheets.

This is baffling me.

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-16, 04:30 PM
You are probably creating detail sections... When creating the section, looking at its properties and make sure it is set to Building section or Wall section.

Andre Carvalho

Dave F.
2009-03-16, 04:55 PM
You are probably creating detail sections... When creating the section, looking at its properties and make sure it is set to Building section or Wall section.

Andre Carvalho

Hi
I did create a detail section, but I set it back to For Reference Only. (Do you have that option?). All subsequent sections are set to that, which is the default in our template.

I should say I'm using Structural, but that doesn't make a difference to sections, does it?