PDA

View Full Version : 3D View of just ground floor....

still.james
2009-03-16, 02:13 PM
i thought this was going to be simple, but im stumped.

i want to show a 3D plan (isometric) of the ground floor plan arrangement...and i cant see how to do it..yet ;).

is there a way of achieving this, without having to 'hide' everything above GF?

patricks
2009-03-16, 02:15 PM
Open the 3D view's properties, turn on section box, adjust box as needed to cut off the building at some distance above your floor level.

still.james
2009-03-16, 02:23 PM
in the words of Mr Burns eggcellent

thanks, has made things a lot easy :)

SCShell
2009-03-16, 02:24 PM
Open the 3D view's properties, turn on section box, adjust box as needed to cut off the building at some distance above your floor level.
And, you can now go to an elevation or section view to adjust the top location of a Section Box.
Good Luck
Steve

ws
2009-03-16, 04:14 PM
I tend to open a 3D view, then right click on the view-cube and choose Orient to View->Floor Plans->Ground Floor plan or whatever.

This gives you usually about the right top and bottom, or you can adjust via the Section box as already mentioned (turned on in View Properties but sometimes also 'hidden' and revealed via the lightbulb icon at bottom of View).

I render these for clients all the time - easy to do and many prefer the rendered 'cutaway' plan to the real thing (gives you chance to show off your 3d toilets anyway ;))