2009-03-16, 09:09 PM
tried but cried

notice it only seems to work in drafting view

yes was using a correct ref plane

r

patricks
2009-03-16, 09:43 PM
Not sure what you're asking.

The insulation batting detail line tool works in all drawing views. If you can draw a regular line in the view, you can draw an insulation batting line.

ray salmon
2009-03-16, 09:52 PM
nope cannot

in cx view created from by section tool in plan view

when you go to that view
the drafting/insulation tool not.,,,

r

iankids
2009-03-17, 04:03 AM
nope cannot

in cx view created from by section tool in plan view

when you go to that view
the drafting/insulation tool not.,,,

r

Hi Ray,

I have no problems using the drafting / insulation tool in any section. (Or indeed any 2D view whatsoever - elevations, plans, sections, details all work fine for me)

It obviously doesn't work in 3d. Its not a 3d section your looking at?

Post the file, or provide more info on whats happening.

Cheers,

Ian

ray salmon
2009-03-20, 11:30 PM
i tried the insulation tool in a new project and it worked fine
in a cx view..

but in project i am in question about i only get the "not allowed" icon as I try to draw insutation in a wall. have ckd work planes and etc but can't get it to work... strange....

however it does work in a drafting view but then you don't have the precalulated cx which want to avoid...
r

Scott Womack
2009-03-23, 10:18 AM
i tried the insulation tool in a new project and it worked fine
in a cx view..

but in project i am in question about i only get the "not allowed" icon as I try to draw insutation in a wall. have ckd work planes and etc but can't get it to work... strange....

however it does work in a drafting view but then you don't have the precalulated cx which want to avoid...
r

In the view where it won't appear, under View Graphics, Model, look under the Lines item. Its special linetype may be turned Off. I believe it is Batt Insulation is the name of it's linestyle.