PDA

View Full Version : Annotations in Vertical View Break

gautamrs
2009-03-16, 10:43 PM
Dear All
I've been working on a detail that requires some text and annotations to be placed in between the area created by a vertical view break. For some reason, the text does not align and the content behaves strangely. Please see attached image. Is it unusual to create annotations in this inner area as opposed to the periphery of the view which is controlled by the annotation crop? Please advice. Thank you in advance!

Gautam

iankids
2009-03-17, 04:24 AM
Hi gautamrs,

I am not sure, but the first thing I would check is the annotation crop region. It may(??) be the culprit.

Usually, at least in my experience, you either see the annotation or you don't - depending on where the annotation crop region is located, but who knows, if it is right on the tipping point it may cause this sort of behaviour.

Cheers,

Ian

Scott Womack
2009-03-17, 10:41 AM
I've been working on a detail that requires some text and annotations to be placed in between the area created by a vertical view break. For some reason, the text does not align and the content behaves strangely. Please see attached image. Is it unusual to create annotations in this inner area as opposed to the periphery of the view which is controlled by the annotation crop?

This is a known "bug" in Revit. Text an dimensions sometimes "act" better if they are placed "prior" to vreating the view break. Text Leaders in these areas have been an issue for at least two releases now, maybe longer.

patricks
2009-03-17, 01:00 PM
Yep, and another issue with view breaks is that you cannot adjust or edit any dimension where the dimension text lies within the view break. It's really, REALLY annoying. I have already submitted a support request about this one just a few months ago, and the factory acted like they had never seen it before and said they would try to do something about it in a later release.

I'm not holding my breath as this has ALWAYS been a problem since at least before 6.1.

gautamrs
2009-03-17, 03:50 PM
Got it! Scott, Patrick, Ian... thank you very much gentlemen!