PDA

View Full Version : Elevation

DomkiZ
2009-03-16, 10:56 PM
Hello, i have created a project with a building, topography and imported other objects from DWG file (that's surrounding building extrudeded in autoCAD). When i do my created in revit building's elevation i can see those imported buildings right in front of my building even though they are behind the elevation line. I tried adjusting clipping planes and everything. but the only way i can get rid of those buildings is hide elements. but then all of them hide. The problem is that i want to keep the background buldings but i can't.
is it because of all of those seperate buildings being a one import object?
oh and also they are a little bit below the landscape and i don't want to see what's below the landscape.
Thanks for your quick response

kathy71046
2009-03-17, 03:27 AM
In plan view, click the elvation marker to show the blue line, and put that in front of the buildings you don't want to see. (I haven't tested it, but in principle this should work)

Your other option is to split you cad file to seperate the buildings so you can hide what you want to.

As for the below landscape, you will need to either edit you cad file, or you could use a masking region in the view to hide whats below.

DomkiZ
2009-03-18, 12:00 PM
Thanks you.
The most strange thing is that the blue line is in front of those buldings (see pic.2) but still they are shown in elevation.
I'll try spliting the file.