PDA

View Full Version : contour line

2009-03-17, 03:57 AM
Hi, after i made a site,can i edit the contour line on it?
If can,how to edit it?
Thanks1

iankids
2009-03-17, 04:15 AM
Hi 270973691,

I don't think you can edit the contour line itself, as this is a function of the change of level across the topo surface and the settings you have set for the display of the contour lines.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to edit it? If it is accurately portraying the surface, I would leave it alone, or adjust the surface itself if that was wrong in the first instance.

Cheers,

Ian

2009-03-17, 06:08 AM
Thanks,lan.
I just want to know if Revit has this function to edit it. ^_^

patricks
2009-03-17, 01:05 PM
You don't edit contour lines in Revit. Instead the contour lines are interpolated based on the various point elevations you set in a toposurface. To edit a line, you have to edit the points by moving them or adjusting their elevation, or adding/deleting points.

Keep in mind that the intended workflow isn't really to just place points where you want the contour lines to go. If you try to do that you'll discover really quickly that Revit doesn't like to play nice in that regard. Instead you need to place points at known or proposed elevations around the building. So for instance you would place points at your finish floor elevation on either side of each exterior door. Than you would come out from the door at the required slope and place more points along the sidewalk. Around here a 1:50 max slope is allowed at a door, so I will often come out 5 feet and place a point that is 0.1 feet below the finished floor. Then place more points at things like corners, curb radii, tops and bottoms of curbs, at any storm drainage structures, etc.