PDA

View Full Version : Topography not reporting Cut/Fill

mthurnauer
2009-03-17, 11:51 AM
I have a project that I have made a Topography schedule and it is not reporting the cut/fill. I had originally had a number of design options in the project file and the topography that was being graded was in each design option. Now I have settled on one option and deleted all of the others. The topography schedule now shows the existing grade as having a minor amount of net cut and the new grade which is quite a bit different than the existing reports the same amount of cut. When I click on the object properties of both surface objects, neither one lists the cut/fill information. Has anyone encountered this? I have done a little experimenting and I think that I may be able to select everything and copy it to a new project file, but I would like to see if there is a way that I could do it without going through that step.

aggockel50321
2009-03-17, 12:14 PM
Did you do the "accept primary" step in closing out the options. If not, your topo remains in the option. You can see it in your schedule, by going to view/visiblity, select the design option tab, and then select the option it resides in.

Or you can leave the view constraint to the default, "automatic" and then activate the option and then look at your schedule.

mthurnauer
2009-03-17, 02:57 PM
No, that is not it. I am now working on another file that has no design options in it. I did a copy/paste into the new file and have the existing topo set to Phase-Existing. I then did a graded region and copied internal points. I then did a quick manipulation of the grade and there is no change to the cut-fill