PDA

View Full Version : Working on Views thru Viewports....

nsinha73
2009-03-17, 04:38 PM
Working on Details in the Sheets by Activating Viewports........is this a good practice?....I always thought, it's better to work on the Individual Views, rather then Opening the Viewports and working from there?

Andre Carvalho
2009-03-17, 04:49 PM
You can also click on the (+) signal just beside the sheet name and it will list the views included on the sheet and you can select them to work as regular views.

Andre Carvalho

Henry D
2009-03-17, 04:51 PM
Working on Details in the Sheets by Activating Viewports........is this a good practice?....I always thought, it's better to work on the Individual Views, rather then Opening the Viewports and working from there?

I actually prefer working in an activated view on a sheet because I can better see how the view is fitting on the sheet and adjust it if necessary. So this is typically how I work on views.

bcgatti
2009-03-17, 05:46 PM
Disregard previous response - I thought I was reading from and posting to an AutoCAD forum.

:Oops: :confused:

patricks
2009-03-17, 06:01 PM
I agree with the points that "Henry D" brought up.

However, if you work through the viewports from paperspace make sure that you lock your viewports or at least save the views for each one so you don't have any issues with scale or location (from panning and zooming in the viewport).

You're thinking of issues present in AutoCAD, but this is never an issue in Revit. The view is always set to whatever scale you set it, and a view can only be placed one time on a sheet. Schedules and Legends are the exception to this, neither of which are model views.

So in a view, you have a crop region to determine the size of the view, or you can turn the crop region off. You may want it off for working views, but you almost always want it on if the view is on the sheet. Zooming and panning works the same whether you're in paper space or if you have a particular view activated.

IMHO everything is WAY easier and more intuitive than in AutoCAD.as far as views, viewports, paper space, etc. goes.

bcgatti
2009-03-17, 06:03 PM
Sorry about that, I had too many AUGI windows open and I thought I was reading from and posting to an AutoCAD group...

patricks
2009-03-17, 06:05 PM
sounds like me with too many IM windows and saying something to the wrong person and they're like "whachu'talkin'bout Willis?!" :D

gaby424
2009-03-18, 10:50 AM
only in the adnotation stage i swich to work in the paper space. An interesting problem apeared two days ago when i realised i can`t select one of the pieces in order to activate that view. It`s a lock property or something? because it-s fixed and not selectable.

kathy71046
2009-03-19, 11:14 PM
Most likely an object you added (like a section or callout) has extended it out further than you expected.

Turn the crop border on, and you should find what the issue with it is.