PDA

View Full Version : rotate VIEW without rotating TITLE

doe
2009-03-19, 04:49 PM
can it be done? if not, why? this is a major oversight problem. as i posted on another thread, but wanted it to be seen by more people, how can i rotate a view without rotating the views title?

we have a long bar that is vertical in plan, we called it out, and now we want it to be horizontal on the sheet.

any help is appreciated.

patricks
2009-03-19, 04:55 PM
can it be done? if not, why? this is a major oversight problem. as i posted on another thread, but wanted it to be seen by more people, how can i rotate a view without rotating the views title?

we have a long bar that is vertical in plan, we called it out, and now we want it to be horizontal on the sheet.

any help is appreciated.

Simply turn on the crop region, select it, and rotate it. You'll need to adjust the crop region after rotating, but annotations should still be in the same place and read correctly.

Note: if you want the contents of the view to rotate one direction, you'll have to rotate the crop region in the opposite direction.

doe
2009-03-19, 04:57 PM
the crop region is already on seeing as i made a callout of the bar in question. sorry, meant to mention that before. so now when i rotate the crop region its rotating the callout also. unless i'm doing a miss-step somewhere.

patricks
2009-03-19, 05:00 PM
the crop region is already on seeing as i made a callout of the bar in question. sorry, meant to mention that before. so now when i rotate the crop region its rotating the callout also. unless i'm doing a miss-step somewhere.

You will have to re-adjust the callout/crop region to get it back to the extents it was showing before rotating. After that, the callout should look the same on your plan as it did before rotating.

doe
2009-03-19, 05:01 PM
haha, thanks mate. not my brightest moment to date! much appreciate the help!
thank god for augi. (even though i'm atheist!)