PDA

View Full Version : Not getting Sketch lines in skech view for "Edit Slab"

Denis01
2009-03-19, 08:40 PM
I in a hurry and need to know why, when I "Edit" a conc. slab, I get into sketch view but there are no pink sketch lines visible (nothing to edit). I've check the "temp Hide/isolate" and there's nothing visible to restore, nor is there anything to "unhide" in the "Unhide in View" area.

I've been unhiding/hiding, and temp hiding/unhiding lots of elements and categories to work on/edit them, then resetting the view back to work on or edit another element, and so on. Then all of a sudden, I went to edit a slab, which was editable earlier and I don't get any editable lines to edit.

I'm not ly confused and frustrated, but I'm on a deadline and need help. Many thanks,

Denis

aaronrumple
2009-03-19, 08:42 PM
I in a hurry and need to know why, when I "Edit" a conc. slab, I get into sketch view but there are no pink sketch lines visible (nothing to edit). I've check the "temp Hide/isolate" and there's nothing visible to restore, nor is there anything to "unhide" in the "Unhide in View" area.

I've been unhiding/hiding, and temp hiding/unhiding lots of elements and categories to work on/edit them, then resetting the view back to work on or edit another element, and so on. Then all of a sudden, I went to edit a slab, which was editable earlier and I don't get any editable lines to edit.

I'm not ly confused and frustrated, but I'm on a deadline and need help. Many thanks,

Denis

Is your Lines category turned on?

Denis01
2009-03-19, 09:17 PM
That was it! What a rookie I am, esdpecially when I'm "en charrette".

Thanks, Aaron,
Denis

patricks
2009-03-19, 09:24 PM
heh it happens to the best of us. :)

You'd think that sketch lines for an object would be controlled by that objects category, and not by the lines category. Oh well.

aaronrumple
2009-03-19, 11:00 PM
That was it! What a rookie I am, esdpecially when I'm "en charrette".

Thanks, Aaron,
Denis

This is one of those long standing "bugs" in my opinion. The sketch lines should always appear - even if the lines category is turned off....

nsinha73
2009-03-19, 11:07 PM
I'd would not say "Bug" ( Don't wanna tick-off Revit programmers) :-D

But I agree with aaronrumple, Sketch lines should always be visible

Merlin
2009-03-19, 11:08 PM
This is one of those long standing "bugs" in my opinion. The sketch lines should always appear - even if the lines category is turned off....

*nods*...Agree

Merlin
2009-03-19, 11:17 PM
I'd would not say "Bug" ( Don't wanna tick-off Revit programmers) :-D

But I agree with aaronrumple, Sketch lines should always be visible

Yes. But to be completely fair I suppose we should ask the question "Is there a time during Sketch Mode that a user needs to be able to turn off the sketch lines?"

When I think about it, you may need to for momentary clarity perhaps?

aaronrumple
2009-03-20, 03:48 PM
"Is there a time during Sketch Mode that a user needs to be able to turn off the sketch lines?"

No. Never.

patricks
2009-03-20, 07:53 PM
hmm yes I have to agree with Aaron here. While in sketch mode, you cannot hide or even temporarily hide any sketch lines. You can only turn them on/off completely with the Lines category in V/G, which seems pointless to me. They should just always be on.

mcblum
2009-03-21, 05:31 PM
Another user in agreement. Even if the lines category is off, if in sketch mode - they should show regardless, otherwise a little annoying. I have pretty much trained myself to turn off all the subcategories, which usually gets all the lines I need off. I find it weird that there is a subcategory for sketch lines <sketch> in the Lines Styles dialog box (which should be a part of the Object Styles dialog), but not in the Visibility Graphics dialog box.