PDA

View Full Version : Temp hide elements don't come back into view

Denis01
2009-03-19, 09:30 PM
When I "Temporary Hide" elements or categories they don't return to view when I "Reset Hidden/Isolated Temps". Nor is there a "Unhide Elements/Categories. At least not always. I can see the elements and categories in the "Reveal Hidden Elements" view, and several times I've had to select everything that hidden from that mode, then go back and re-hide those which I actually want to keep hidden, like reference planes and reference lines. The problem is that I can't tell what I've done differently this time (happened 3 times today) from the times when it works as expected.

This is probably another rookie error, but I've been able to perform these function with no problems until now. Please help, if you can.

Thanks again,
Denis

patricks
2009-03-19, 09:33 PM
When something is temporarily hidden, you should see a blue outline around the view window, similar to the magenta outline when Reveal Hidden Elements is turned on. Are you sure you didn't accidentally hide them in the view (essentially turns it off, will not print) instead of just temporarily hiding the object (object will still print even though you don't see it on the screen).

Denis01
2009-03-19, 09:42 PM
Well, that's what I thought I did. I've done "Hidden in View", rather than "Temp Hide" elements in the past. It took me a while to find my problem but eventually did, and thought that I learned from that.

But wouldn't the "Unhide Elements/Category in VIew" option show up when I right-click that element? In this case there was no "Unhide" option, just the "Hide in view" and VG. If there's another way to check to see if it's actually hidden in the view I'd love to know.

Thanks Patrick,

Denis

patricks
2009-03-19, 09:47 PM
A temporarily hidden element will appear as blue when you click the light bulb. A permanently-hidden element will show up as the same magenta color as the magenta outline around the view when you click the light bulb icon.

You can't unhide temporarily hidden elements from the right-click menu while the light bulb is on. You have to reset the view with the menu in the Sunglasses button, or I just type HR (Reset Temp. Hide/Isolate).

I've gotten into the habit of just using HH to temporarily hide an object and HR to reset temp. hidden objects.