PDA

View Full Version : whats with my detail head?

kcooper.190440
2009-03-20, 05:35 PM
I'm extremly new to editing families and my attempt at making a smaller detail head is leaving the cutting line disconnected. How can I control this?

I've attached an image.

mmcfadden
2009-03-20, 09:02 PM
When you made the circle smaller did you adjust the reference planes that are by default turned off in families?
this might be the problem.

kcooper.190440
2009-03-20, 09:27 PM
I just tried that. I turned the ref lines on and locked them to the outside of the modified circle. It doesn't seem to have made a difference. Do you have another suggestion?

G_J
2009-03-21, 09:16 PM
Can you upload the Revit Family file? .rfa

Regards

G_J
2009-03-22, 11:48 PM
When you say detail head do you mean callout head?

I am unable to replicate your problem. (See attached image)

Did you centre your callout head on the intersecting reference planes when creating the family?

Regards

kcooper.190440
2009-03-24, 07:09 PM
I'm not using the callout head. I'm using the family labeled "Section Head - no arrow" as a template to create a smaller detail head for detail cuts.

I attached my attempt at reducing the size. When loaded into a project, the cutting line doesn't connect to the edge of the detail head (as shown in the original thread).

I know other offices have successfully reduced the size of the section heads; what am I missing?

G_J
2009-03-24, 07:36 PM
I would start from scratch.

File > New > Family > Annotations > Section Head.

I think you must of moved the reference plane (on the right) See attached image from the template file.

I have also attached a Revit Family file that I quickly created now, adjust the size of the section head to suit what you want, make sure the Horizontal and Right reference planes stay in the same position, then move the left reference plan across to your section head.

Hopefully that should solve your problem.

Regards

kcooper.190440
2009-03-24, 08:41 PM
Ah ha! It was the left reference plane that needed to be nudged. Thanks!