PDA

View Full Version : Angular Array restraints don't work

TinCanFury
2009-03-20, 07:12 PM
Is it me or does using restraints on an angular array just not work?

I want to create an array with a fixed start point and a dynamic end point along an arc with the same radius and center point.

I've tried two methods. First I assumed the end point *can* be dynamic and locked to the end of an Arc with a dynamic end point. This did not work. Ok, I can understand if an angular array does not allow this.

So plan B.

I created the Angular array. I locked the start angle to the same start angle as my dynamic arc. then I created a Label for the angle between the angle array's two angles so that I could change that angle manually. Here is where things get really interesting. I only have two restraints on the angle array, the first being where the first angle line is and the second is the distance between them, but when I try and change the angle between them the model gets all screwed up and the angle array actually *inverses* itself such that it fills in the space on the outside of the two lines and not between them!

Anyone see this behavior before and have figured out a solution?

thanks!

aggockel50321
2009-04-06, 11:46 AM
It may involve rethinking how to set up the family, but when setting up the array, use the "move to last" pick option, and then just constrain the first and last elements in the array.

That might solve your problem.