PDA

View Full Version : Stair hidden lines not shown in detail plan view

Chris DiSunno
2009-03-20, 09:24 PM
Why are my stair lines above the cut plane not showing? It works in other projects which leads me to believe there is a setting I cannot find.

Chris DiSunno
2009-03-20, 09:30 PM
There is no breakline either now that I'm looking at it.
AAAAHHh where is this setting?

Chris DiSunno
2009-03-22, 05:04 PM
Doesn't anyone know why a detail view would not show a break line for a stair and the hidden lines above yet the parent view does?

iankids
2009-03-22, 08:11 PM
Hi Chris,

I just did a call out view of a floor plan I am currently working on and the stairs were correct in each view - cut line - tread showing above etc.

Can't think of any reason why yours is behaving as it is. Try duplicating the view and see if the same happens in a new view.

Cheers,

Ian

Merlin
2009-03-22, 11:20 PM
Hi,
Not completely sure if you have done this, but the first step would be go to
VIEW....VISIBILITY/GRAPHICS....scroll down to STAIRS.
Make sure "Stairs beyond cut line" and "Stringers beyond cut line" are checked.
HTH.
John Mc

Chris DiSunno
2009-03-23, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, still I remain bewildered. I've attached both the plan and the detail view and cannot remedy the situation. All the visibility is on.

brendan.clarke
2009-05-18, 06:52 AM
The answer to this problem lies in the 'type' of call out that you choose to use.
Once you click on the callout button/command the type selector drop-down allows you to choose the type of callout, you should choose 'Floor plan' and NOT 'Detail View: Floor Plan' OR 'Detail View: Section'.
An undesired consequence of this is that your callout will accurately reflect the view settings of the parent plan; however the new view will list under Floor Plans in the project browser and not under the Detail Views (Floor Plan) as expected.