PDA

View Full Version : Drawing list limitations ?

Munkholm
2009-03-22, 08:45 PM
Howdy everyone.

Been searching the forums for a soultion, to a minor (but yet very important) isue - but had no luck.

I´d love to keep my Drawing List´s within Revit, but in my part of the world, we need information as: Drawing Scale, Current Revision and Current Revision Date to apear in the list.

Yes I´m aware that there "could" be different scales on a sheet - and in that case, I just want "as indicated" or even better: For instance: Scale 1:50 & 1:20

Am I the only one struggeling with this ? Probably not... but then, how do you guys deal with it ?

It´s quite disapointing, that we can´t get the information out of the (so called) "building information model"

So unless, one or some of you bright people :beer: can help me out, it´s back to doing Drawing List´s in Excel... Aaargghhh... :banghead:

greg.mcdowell
2009-03-24, 04:31 PM
you could always rethink your process

if scale was critical you could (though it'd be much longer) create a view list rather than a sheet list - that might start to get you where you need to go

personally i don't see the need to list scale (though revision might be nice) or drawn by/checked by/etc. for that matter but, as always, if you need it you need it

gbrowne
2009-03-24, 04:34 PM
Totally agree, the drawing list/issue/revision thing needs much work to make it a servicable entity. I do issue sheets with shared parameters, text and lines. Not so hot. Would be great to have it more automated.