PDA

View Full Version : Curved prong dosent show/print in plan/elevation

Kenny Gee
2009-03-23, 05:26 AM
I need some help
Ive modeled this well formed prong with a bend at the end. Nice and simple Solid Sweep
Now, the curved line faintly appears on curved profile in plans or elevations but is invisible when printed - has any1 had the same issues

tomnewsom
2009-03-23, 11:24 AM
Use symbolic lines instead of showing the 3d object in elevations - it'll help with perfomrance too.

Kenny Gee
2009-03-23, 09:40 PM
Use symbolic lines instead of showing the 3d object in elevations - it'll help with perfomrance too.

I'm sure this is not the answer - well its a resolution but surely if you model something in 3d it should be visible in all views....... isn't that the whole point of Revit!!!!

dhurtubise
2009-03-24, 12:04 AM
If the radius is too small you will have display discrepancies. Like it was mention before, use symbolic lines for a better control.

d.stairmand
2009-03-24, 12:04 AM
Kenny - this is an age old problem within Revit.
When you are printing or even viewing a Sphere (or any other 3d object with a curve in it) it generally cannot find the Top point of the Sphere, as there is no edge. The Edge is normally what is printed out in most objects. Sphere just don't have any edges, so it prints funny. Generally i put a Symbolic line on top of the Sphere, then it prints this line out. I have this same issue with semi recessed vanities all the time.

tomnewsom
2009-03-24, 02:33 PM
I'm sure this is not the answer - well its a resolution but surely if you model something in 3d it should be visible in all views....... isn't that the whole point of Revit!!!!
I guess it depends on the project. In a bespoke residential design, you might want your nicely-modelled 3d toilet to show in all views - maybe even shaded to show the curve. But in a hotel with hundreds of identical toilets, showing them all in 3d in every view slows things right down. Optimising families for performance is just required for large projects.