PDA

View Full Version : Weeding feature lines created from grading objects

gjschaap
2009-03-23, 10:54 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with weeding feature lines that were created from grading objects? I'm using grading objects along a creek, attempting to model gabion baskets. I've crashed it plenty of times, probably for many reasons, but I think many of the crashes have been caused by attempting to apply a grading criteria to a feature line that needs to be weeded. And when I say "feature line created from grading objects", I'm talking about the outermost feature line that is automatically created when I apply grading criteria to another feature line.

I've played around with it a little, and it doesn't seem to negatively affect anything, and it appears that if I go back and alter a grading object whose feature line I have already weeded, the grading object will still act like a grading object and a revised feature line will be created (and it will essentially be back to what it was, usually again in need of weeding).

Just wanted to see if anyone has found this to be successful, disastrous, or maybe of no benefit at all. Thanks much

jpaulsen
2009-03-24, 12:44 PM
I have never tried what you are talking about but it would seem to me that the best way to approach this would be to weed the original feature line before creating your first grading.

gjschaap
2009-03-27, 05:17 PM
Agreed, and I had, but my gradings along curves still introduced new "weed-able" vertices. So far, so good, nothing seems broken when I weed these auto-generated feature lines. Thanks

michael.211447
2009-04-01, 10:41 PM
I have a possibly related problem where when creating a feature line by stepped offset it weeds out all but the endpoint vertices. The original feature line was weeded of excess verticies and otherwise seems fine. Any thoughts?