PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Views

William Troeak
2009-03-24, 01:18 AM
In the view schedule I can schedule on which sheet a detail view is placed.

What I want to do is schedule in which view the detail was called out from.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Scott Womack
2009-03-24, 10:06 AM
In the view schedule I can schedule on which sheet a detail view is placed.

What I want to do is schedule in which view the detail was called out from.

You have two choices. there is a default Section Head that ships with Revit called Section Head - Filled w Sheet-Ref Sheet.rfa This has the parameter with the sheet that the item is referenced from in it. You could also edit the regular section head family, to change the reference in it. Revit will only provide the sheet location of the earliest sheet in the list that the items is called from. The catch is that if on A100 you hide the section in the view, Revit will still reference that sheet. To get it to show A103, which might be where you really want it to reference to, you'd have to temporarily remove the plan from A100, Save to Central, then place the plan back on A100. Then the item would stay referencing back to A103.

William Troeak
2009-03-24, 04:46 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the help. I have the call out head under control now. But what I am still missing is if I can add the field to a schedule. I can see the referencing sheet parameter in the element properties of the view but can not figure out how to use this information in a schedule.

Thanks,

Scott Womack
2009-03-24, 05:00 PM
It does not appear that you can. It is not available to even a View list, which is a schedule of all the views in a project. This appears to be one of those myster fields, that is partialy, but not completely availablet to the end user. There are several others. Width of a wall is another one that is a mystery.

William Troeak
2009-03-24, 05:02 PM
Thanks Scott,

It looks like I have a new wish list item.