PDA

View Full Version : COPY TO LEVEL .. WHY NOT?

dpasa
2004-10-23, 03:36 PM
I finished the floor plan of floor B. I started from the second floor because I didn't know if the other floors would be excactly the same. Finally I learned that the first floor would have some different int walls so never mind, I will copy B floor to all the other levels and then I will correct the first floor.
Unfortunately I get this error message
"Cannot Paste Align view specific elements from different views using "Current View" option."
I remember I couldn't copy elements like door/window tags but now nothing happens even if I deselect them.
What does this message means and what can I do to go on with the project?

TIA
Dimitris

fernando
2004-10-23, 05:30 PM
are u placed at the 3rd or 4rt level when u choose past aligned?

dpasa
2004-10-23, 07:05 PM
I tried everything. Anyway, I managed to do this by copying one category each time and I really didn't understand what was wrong from the beginning. Anyway, this is the first time I have this problem so maybe I will have more info next time. Till now it didn't matter from which level I was executing the command...

Thanks for your answer anyway

Dimitris

aggockel50321
2004-10-23, 10:18 PM
Just a guess, but given the error message, it sounds like when you globally selected the items on that level to be copied, you also included a dwg or dgn import that was brought in with the "current view only" option checked.

Filter it out, & it should work.

dpasa
2004-10-24, 04:49 PM
I noticed that in-place families can't be copied like everything else. Maybe this is what the error message ment ...
I didn't change anything and all the categories except some generic models were copied.

You think that was the problem?