PDA

View Full Version : Can't add Room Number to my key schedule

ososteph
2009-03-25, 04:53 PM
hi all!
I'm doing a finish schedule right now, and I'm having trouble creating a KEYschedule for it. When I go to View/New/Schedule, I select the category of Rooms, and choose the radio buttom: "schedule keys". But then, when I go to select from the available fields to add to the schedule, room NUMBER parameter is not available. (I've attached a pdf of what I'm talking about) I know that I can create a new parameter, but don't want to have to manually key in all the room numbers. I'm a little confused...any help would be greatly appreciated!
THANKS!!

twiceroadsfool
2009-03-25, 05:11 PM
You cannot add the Mark value to Key Schedules for rooms, just like you cannot for doors.

Im confused at what this would do for you. Are you going to have rooms with the same numbers? (If you do, youll be generating warnings for every room, btw) If not, you would need a different Key for each room, which would sort of invalidate using the Key Schedule at all...

greg.mcdowell
2009-03-25, 07:56 PM
Try creating a new parameter like Room Style for your Key Schedule. This will make sure that all of your offices, classrooms, restrooms, etc. have the same finishes. Then make another schedule with room names, numbers and this room style parameter to make assigning the room styles to the individual rooms easier.

This will work best when you have a lot of rooms that require the same finishes. Even if they're not all identical i think you can assign only what is similar between the rooms as the room style and enter the unique stuff manually.

dhurtubise
2009-03-25, 08:36 PM
Key Schedule are meant to be use INSIDE the element schedule