PDA

View Full Version : Can rooms be merged/extended ?

ws
2009-03-27, 11:56 AM
I feel I am missing something obvious but could anyone suggest please if it is possible to obtain one large room instead of separate 'rooms' in the attached ?

I suspect that the problem is caused by the methods I have used to cut the openings in the walls to create the bay and the large opening in the central wall (the scribbled areas) - all existing from previous alterations to this house - an in place family void for the bay and an opening family for the large wall opening.

vennix
2009-03-27, 12:12 PM
You can join the rooms by clicking the wall and unchecking room bounding in element properties.
this will do the trick

Geert

Mike Sealander
2009-03-27, 12:23 PM
You may be right in that the in-place voids used to cut openings in room-bounding elements are not properly being picked up by Revit's Room object. As the previous post suggests, making walls not Room Bounding elements helps, but you will probably then need to resort to Room Separation lines to guide the Room, particularly at the exterior wall of Room 23, for instance.

ws
2009-03-27, 12:26 PM
Thanks Geert, that's a clever idea.

Of course all my other rooms then fail if I make the outside wall not room bounding, although I could split and duplicate the affected part of the wall - or manually draw Room Separators for the other rooms affected.