PDA

View Full Version : Adding Text to a Length Field Parameter

dhulsberg
2009-03-30, 05:59 PM
I've created a shared parameter for ceiling height so that I can have it show in my tag and also in my finish schedule. It has a length parameter so when I type in 8 it gives me 8'-0". Works great until I have an room where the ceiling is open or the heights vary. All I want to be able to do is type in OPEN or VARIES into a length parameter. Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance.

cporter.207875
2009-03-30, 06:41 PM
I haven't been able to do it. I usually end up just leaving that cell blank.

greg.mcdowell
2009-03-31, 08:30 PM
change the parameter from length to text and type in what ever you need - you'll have to type out the 8'-0" instead of just 8 but you'll be able to also use Varies, etc.

patricks
2009-04-01, 04:17 PM
It will have to be a separate tag family from the one that has the height parameter.

We have a tag that we use for actual ceilings that indicates the ceiling height, and then another tag that just says "B.O. Structure" for ceilings attached directly to the structure above (instead of suspension ceiling). If there is no ceiling in a room, then I just type a piece of text saying "NO CEILING" or something similar.

twiceroadsfool
2009-04-01, 04:28 PM
What patricks said. For my RCP's, i use a tag thats actually reading the height of the ceiling. The parameter in the schedule (sadly) cant be tied to it, but theres no sense making all of the tags be manual entry. Then in the schedule, if the column needs to be there, make it a text field since (even as a length field) it cant be tied to the actual ceiling object.