PDA

View Full Version : Schedule / Filter by Level with Linked File

ppaige
2009-03-31, 01:49 PM
So I was crankin' along on a massive door schedule and ran into a big ole' brick wall. I checked "Include linked file elements" to include doors in a linked file, and Revit removed my ability to Filter by Level.

Any workaround suggestions? My only idea at this point is to add a shared parameter where I can note the level and filter by that, but I'm not too excited about having to maintain it.

twiceroadsfool
2009-03-31, 01:52 PM
It makes sense that it wont let you do it, since Linked Files could have different Levels alltogether. Although, it could then just sort/filter those seperately.

Do you number or Mark value them based on a system that relates to the floors?? 101, 102, 201, 202, etc? If so, just filter with less than/greater to-equal thans, and youll be fine...

ppaige
2009-03-31, 02:23 PM
When I had originally considered that I didn't think it would work with these door numbers. But I was just told that half of them are wrong and it will work. Problem solved. Tnx.

twiceroadsfool
2009-03-31, 03:08 PM
Ahhh, project managers. Why do it once when you can do it twice and get the same results? :)