PDA

View Full Version : Some Ceilings not printing in Refl. Clg Plan

Denis01
2009-03-31, 03:45 PM
Why would only 2 rooms out of 12 (all the same 2x4 act ceiling type) show properly in the view window, but not in print preview (or hard print).

I've checked all the vg overrides by element. They're checked Visible, no halftone.

It wouldn't be vg by category, because some print, right?. I don't think that the print setup would be the culprit for the same reason - the other 10 are OK:

The view range is set the same for all of them (Cut Plane 7'-6" above the ref. floor, Top is 0'- 0" above the above ref. floor. Bot is same as cut plane.). None are hidden in view.

The hosted light fixture print, but not the clg grid. The do print in section though.

I didn't notice this previously. Is there another override that I'm missing?

Ant thoughts?

Thanks,
Denis

cliff collins
2009-03-31, 04:07 PM
Try a couple of things:

1. Use Raster settings in printer driver, not Vector.

2. Try printing to PDF, with a freeware PDF printer.

3. Make sure all ceilings are on correct worksets, and that they are not hidden.

Any luck?

Denis01
2009-03-31, 04:13 PM
Changing to raster did the trick!!

I was already printing to PDF using PDF995, and I'd checked the clgs. elements several times. I even recreated one of them. The raster settings are what fixed it. Why is that?

Thanks a million Cliff.

cliff collins
2009-03-31, 04:20 PM
It is just the way printer drivers choose to print/display certain lines/objects.
When I have a "graphics heavy" print job, I'll switch to Raster setting. Sometimes Revit actually "realizes" this and puts up a dialog boxe which says "switching to Raster settings"............................

No problem. Glad it worked for you!

cheers...........