PDA

View Full Version : Add prefix to Level marker reading

mr6jam
2009-04-01, 08:45 PM
Is there a way to add "E.L." in front of the numeric value for Level markers that indicate the height value on elevations? See the attached pdf for example.

Thanks,

cporter.207875
2009-04-01, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=mr6jam;959215]Is there a way to add "E.L." in front of the numeric value for Level markers that indicate the height value on elevations? QUOTE]

Open the Level Head-Circle family in the family editor. Select the "Elevation" label and click "Edit" on the options bar. You can add prefixes in this dialogue. Next, save as and load into project. Then change your level markers default to use the new Level Head family.

Does that make sense?

mr6jam
2009-04-01, 09:27 PM
I got to this point (see attached) and then did not know how to add the prefix. Did I take the right steps you intended me to go?

Thanks

eric.piotrowicz
2009-04-01, 09:49 PM
You're almost there, just click in the prefix box and type in "E.L." or whatever else you like. Load the family back into the project and it will be available to use. If you pick "overwite existing" when loading into the project it will update all the ones you previously added.

cporter.207875
2009-04-01, 10:25 PM
You're almost there, just click in the prefix box and type in "E.L." or whatever else you like. Load the family back into the project and it will be available to use. If you pick "overwite existing" when loading into the project it will update all the ones you previously added.

Note that loading this revised family into your project without saving as a new family means you will have to do this again on the next project. Best if you save the family to your custom library and load it in your project template for future use. This way you don't have to duplicate the effort.

mr6jam
2009-04-06, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all your help!! It works!!