PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of this....

nsinha73
2009-04-02, 04:59 PM
Sometimes I'd "SaveAs" components to keep consistancy in parameters....but this (see Pic) stays behind.....very annoying...how can I get rid of that.....thanks guys

cporter.207875
2009-04-02, 05:13 PM
You can rename it. If you multiple types created in the family, you can delete all but one of the types.

aaronrumple
2009-04-02, 06:19 PM
...because of this issue - I always make sure I have one type called "Default".

SCShell
2009-04-03, 12:39 PM
...because of this issue - I always make sure I have one type called "Default".
Hey there,
Dang you're smart!
Steve

aaronrumple
2009-04-03, 02:06 PM
Hey there,
Dang you're smart!
Steve

M. Arch. Yale '86 you nkow... ;-) ;-) ;-)

patricks
2009-04-03, 08:50 PM
If there is only one type and I don't foresee having any other types in that family, then I make the type name match the family's file name. That way you will only see that type name in your list of components, and not a "file name - type name" format. Shortens the displayed name and makes it easier to read.

aaronrumple
2009-04-03, 09:35 PM
If there is only one type and I don't foresee having any other types in that family, then I make the type name match the family's file name. That way you will only see that type name in your list of components, and not a "file name - type name" format. Shortens the displayed name and makes it easier to read.

However you need to then get staf to make sure to keep up with the naming. Otherwise when the family is copied, modied and saved as a new family - the wrong type name shows up after the family name, making things very confusing for newbies.

patricks
2009-04-06, 01:07 PM
However you need to then get staf to make sure to keep up with the naming. Otherwise when the family is copied, modied and saved as a new family - the wrong type name shows up after the family name, making things very confusing for newbies.

True, I sometimes forget to do that myself, and end up having to go back and fix it. :p

DoTheBIM
2009-04-07, 05:04 PM
how can I get rid of that
http://forums.augi.com/showpost.php?p=810535&postcount=5