PDA

View Full Version : "T" intersection of 3 wall types

ray salmon
2009-04-02, 06:11 PM
always have trouble when 3 wall types of different widths and structure meet at a "T" intersection...

so far i have just got them together as best i can then put a filled region over it to patch it up... a bandaid effect..

any fix on this

r

aaronrumple
2009-04-02, 06:17 PM
1. Make sure your core and functions are set right. Core cuts things outside core and rock, paper scissors on the other functions.

2. You can always use disallow join to gain mode control.

Can you post a small sample?

ray salmon
2009-04-02, 06:38 PM
having done a lot framing in the field.. i know that the joint for a "T" intersection is actually somewhat of custom 4th wall as far a the frame configuration is, which i presume is where the meeting of the cores are imulated.

the "t" that I have is

mmiles
2009-04-03, 03:43 PM
Try using the edit wall join tool - hit the "next" button to cycle through different joins. You may find one that is suitable. My quick cycle on your walls yeilds a clean join - without the gap in the middle.

philipnoland
2009-04-03, 04:25 PM
disallow join is the best. Especially if your walls have different heights. If they are all the same heights they usually will find a solution within edit wall join.

ray salmon
2009-04-03, 06:11 PM
btw....where is the disallow join tool...???
have other intersections of dif wall types that are not clean
r

patricks
2009-04-03, 06:12 PM
I think the problem was coming from 2 walls having edited profiles. Do they need to be like that, or can the be attached to a roof above that wasn't in this file?

Anyway, see this one:

ray salmon
2009-04-03, 06:26 PM
situation is having vaulted ceilings.. so much wall profile editing and goofy intersections....

the intersections of exterior walls which are not vaulted into interior walls that are seems to be a hard mix..

r

philipnoland
2009-04-03, 06:36 PM
right click on the wall or on the grab handle and you should find disallow wall join there.

aaronrumple
2009-04-03, 06:59 PM
situation is having vaulted ceilings.. so much wall profile editing and goofy intersections....

r

The edited profiles are a big part of the issue. You would be best off separating the lower square walls from the upper vaulted poritions. Just stack them up. this make the edited profile simpler and also the cleanups qork better.

Did you use a roof for your ceiling vaults? (The simplest way to make ceiling vaults.) If you did you can use attach top for teh wall and eliminate the need for edited profiles.