PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture 2010 Official Release Date

Revit3D.com
2009-04-03, 02:32 AM
Some of you might have seen today's little Autodesk accident with a file that was posted accidentally on Autodesk Subscription Center. It was action backed for the 47 minutes it existing. For the rest of you to make up for it, I managed to get some information from a source deep inside the Borg.

So, for the information you've all been waiting for....The official Revit Architecture 2010 release date is....available at this link....www.revit3d.com/2010 (http://www.revit3d.com/2010). It's within the next two weeks, but the extra link click will really build up the excitement. It is real and the anticipation is over.

You'll want to click the link because there are some pictures of the splash screens and the Autodesk official Revit Architecture 2010 Feature Summary PDF.

patricks
2009-04-03, 03:48 AM
Here's the working link :) www.revit3d.com/2010

Revit3D.com
2009-04-03, 03:53 AM
Thanks...the ever important http:// is necessary when inserting a link from the toolbar.
I fixed it on my post.

Here's the working link :) www.revit3d.com/2010 (http://www.revit3d.com/2010)

Merlin
2009-04-03, 07:40 AM
You might want to check your dates on that site...the year 2010 is a lot further away than 14 days

vennix
2009-04-03, 08:14 AM
And the link to the pdf is not working eighter :-(

Revit3D.com
2009-04-03, 11:58 AM
The link and date are fixed. It is shipping in 2009. Bunch of jokesters. I made the post using AutoCAD, hence the mistakes.

You can now go and read the 18 page New Feature Guide. I may even post the Conceptual Massing Tool User Guide as well.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-03, 12:02 PM
And the link to the pdf is not working eighter :-(

...and you sir spelled either wrong. It's funny because it's 8 whereas I put 10 instead of 9.
Oh the irONEy. (joke. I know it's wrong "1")

vennix
2009-04-03, 01:02 PM
Not my mother tongue. You would not understand when I wrote it in Dutch. I noticed you fixed the link. Can't wait.

dpasa
2009-04-03, 01:56 PM
OK, the link is fixed and we read the PDF.... not satisfied I must say.... The 1st page we knew already and everything else is about API... Not very interesting...
But thanks a lot for posting this...

twiceroadsfool
2009-04-03, 02:23 PM
Just having read through the PDF, i see a BUNCH of stuff in there that is minor, but that i think will be great additions to workflow.

*Open a workshared file DIRECTLY and have it automatically make a new local?

*Spot Slope tags for roofs, etc?

*Export to site as DWF for civil 3D... Depending how it works, could be great.

*EXPOSED PROJECT COORDINATE SYSTEM. This could be huge. Ive seen TONS of models built 30 miles from the origin...

*Reference points and Levels/Planes... Sounds like they might only be available in Form Making, but its a start. How many of us are tired of modeling Line Based generic Models for Girds to Navis? hehehe

*It SOUNDS like we can use labels and parameters when making FORMS while were NOT in the family editor. If thats true, its monumental, but i might be misreading that, and i have to admit i havent played with the beta enough to have tried that. BUT, that was one thing we could do in Digital Project that ive been dying for...

*Ribbons-

I dont care who loves them and who hates them... The fact that theyre undockable, and they REMEMBER that theyre on a second monitor, is all the sales pitch i need to love them to death.

I cant wait!

Rick Moore
2009-04-03, 04:12 PM
So you don't have to click on some salesman's website - April 16th, he claims.

azmz3
2009-04-03, 06:01 PM
I didnt see anything in there about Multicore support or anything to make the program use the full potential of available processors. everything else seems pretty good though. i am looking forward to the 16th

Revit3D.com
2009-04-03, 08:04 PM
I'm not a salesman. I'm a BIM Consultant and a General Contractor. I actually know what the products do and can use them myself. May your next 20 projects require IPD.

So you don't have to click on some salesman's website - April 16th, he claims.

patricks
2009-04-03, 08:48 PM
OK, the link is fixed and we read the PDF.... not satisfied I must say.... The 1st page we knew already and everything else is about API... Not very interesting...
But thanks a lot for posting this...

The last 7 pages are about API. The first 11 pages list LOTS of useful new features for everyday modeling and documentation. You should check it out.

I like the spot dimension tool for slopes, and the fact that the project browser can FINALLY be moved to a 2nd screen and it will remain there even after closing and re-opening. WOOHOO!!!!

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-03, 09:07 PM
The first 11 pages list LOTS of useful new features for everyday modeling and documentation. You should check it out.

I like the spot dimension tool for slopes, and the fact that the project browser can FINALLY be moved to a 2nd screen and it will remain there even after closing and re-opening. WOOHOO!!!!

Sometimes it's the "little" things that make a release! ;) Little to some, but great for those who've been wanting (hoping for) this stuff for a while.

patricks
2009-04-03, 09:24 PM
I know one thing, if that slope tag works on toposurfaces, it will be HUGE in helping me figure out required slopes without having to do a bunch of calculations.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-03, 09:43 PM
I've just posted all of Autodesk's second batch of product releases for the next two weeks.
Release dates included on the list are all Revit, Navisworks, 3ds Max products. 34 products are listed there.

Yes, you will have to visit my blog, www.revit3d.com (http://www.revit3d.com), not because I'm a "salesman", but because I like having high traffic stats. It's a google/ego thing. Rick Moore, I'll tell you a secret, I hate selling software for a living. I do love construction and technology though.

...and yes, I was right on the money with 4/16/09 as the Revit Architecture 2010 release date. Now, I'm off to find out when you can download it from subscription center. Rick, all time consuming tasks that keep me from selling. I'm just giving you a hard time, but my "claim" was and is fact. I like it that way.

rmejia
2009-04-03, 11:03 PM
Well 3ds Max Design 2010 was listed for April 8, and it already in the subscription center, so maybe there is a chance Revit might appear before the 16th in the subscription center download area. We'll see.

cstanley
2009-04-03, 11:05 PM
i do at least feel somewhat better about this release than I did, but we'll see.

to me, there are some HUGE features in there that I would qualify more as "some of the annoying fixes that should be made" than as wholly new features, which is what we've been asking for ad nauseum...

I'm curious how the ribbon behaves (contextually) if the panels are undocked. the same, I suppose. and very distracting as well. all these moving things to the side of my workspace - it's the reason I can't watch youtube and work at the same time!

things that look most promising as fixes/features:

Interactive Exploration of Parameter Values - should help quite a bit with family building

Controllable Halftones - they were always too light for us...

Relocatable Ribbon Panels

Relocatable Project Browser - finally!!!

Task Error Dialogs - so i know better what revit didn't like.

Recent Files Page - making this thing go away would be great!

Create New Local - if it works as advertised, I'll be very sad to see the Davids' local file creators go.

Sketching on Work Planes and Surfaces - again, help with modeling.

The ribbon, I could take it or leave it - as long as the movement isn't distracting. I recommend shortcuts to everyone anyway, so maybe just turn it off.

Jun Austria
2009-04-04, 12:35 AM
"Walk speed can be increased or decreased". I hope this is smooth. (crossed finger)

Merlin
2009-04-04, 06:56 AM
The last 7 pages are about API. The first 11 pages list LOTS of useful new features for everyday modeling and documentation. You should check it out.

Hiya Patrick,
Long time no see....I'm back Reviting again(the firm I'm with are now "venturing forth").
When I saw your mentioning "Spot Dimensions" I was curious. I thought they'd been in Revit for ages. BUT those are spot RL's and I now see what you mean...SLOPE FALLS!!!
*does a Happy Dance*
I couldn't agree more!!!!

AP23
2009-04-04, 06:59 AM
This release looks really promising, however It seems they have removed the loft command in the API Family Content Creation. This would have been very powerfull as a workaround for not having the new conceptual modeling tools in the regular family editor.

charliep
2009-04-04, 08:15 AM
Is the release date the same as the shipping date? How does this work with downloading from the subscription center, assuming the subscription center is working.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-04, 06:14 PM
From what I've been told by Autodesk personnel here's the deal.

On April 16th, about 5,000 Fedex trucks will arrive at some processing center, load up the trucks and overnight all Revit subscription customers their new products.

Last year, it was staggered. Although they started shipping on the 15th, not everyone got their discs on the 16th. Add to that a glitch in their system, where a number of people didn't get anything. The computer system didn't create serial numbers and shipping labels. If you don't receive your discs by the 20th, call your reseller.

On the 16th, Autodesk will make the files available for download.
Here are direct links to Autodesk Revit Product Downloads.
www.RevitArchitecture2010.com (http://www.RevitArchitecture2010.com)
www.RevitStructure2010.com (http://www.RevitStructure2010.com)
www.RevitMEP2010.com (http://www.RevitMEP2010.com)

Worst case, on the 16th, you can download the install files.
Best case, Autodesk Subscription Center will post the install files PRIOR to the 16th.
They were up for about an hour a few days ago, but that was an accident.
The minute we find out they're available, you'll find out here. Autodesk has been posting other products for subscription customers before ship date.

To make it easier, if you use the above links and keep trying them once a day, when the subscription center has the files, the above links will direct you there.
That should automate things a bit.

Is the release date the same as the shipping date? How does this work with downloading from the subscription center, assuming the subscription center is working.