PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring A Project?

cek
2009-04-03, 03:27 PM
Has anyone had any experience (advice) with Mirroring a completed Project?

I'm well aware of how to mirror but have never tried it on a completed project with
options and hidden elements and various layers that are turned off as well as it being
a central file.

I'm suspecting there may be a set of procedures to successfully do this if it's even possible.

bbeck
2009-04-03, 03:49 PM
Do a quick search on "Mirror Project" and you'll see the one annoying item I've found with using this tool. Maybe other people have seen more issues.

philipnoland
2009-04-03, 04:20 PM
I have not done it in a while. 3 years ago it was a real headache. I have done it since they fixed the headache ( or atleast minimized it) and it seemed a lot better. Sorry for not giving you anymore info. I just remember the difficulty I had.

Tools --- Project Position/Orientation ---- Mirror Project.

iankids
2009-04-04, 08:32 AM
Hi cek,

As the client bought the block next door for her son, I recently (6 mths ago) mirrored a completed set of cd's for a new two storey dwelling. Overall it was very good, most model elements went across fine.

A fair bit (30%??) of the 2d stuff (masking regions, details lines etc) had to be individually mirrored in each view, but all in all it took about 6 hours to have completly new set of cd's for the new building.

This of course didn't take into account that even after this, the client still changed her mind yet again & so there was now two sets of documents to amend!!!

Cheers,

Ian

cek
2009-04-09, 08:58 PM
Thanks all,

I'm attempting the mirror as I post this response. I'll look for the issues mentioned and log, confirm and post the ones I encounter.