PDA

View Full Version : Detail level of different walls

harrisbrett
2009-04-05, 01:46 AM
Is it possible to show fine level detail on a floor plan where i can show exterior wall with layers shown, but inside show a interior partition wall for example as coarse scale (just two lines) ?

Thanks

mthurnauer
2009-04-05, 02:39 AM
As far as I know, the only way to do this would be if the exterior walls are in a linked revit file. Then you could change the visibility settings of the link independent of the view.

d.stairmand
2009-04-05, 02:58 AM
You need to use the filters
Make the view properties medium, showing all the walls with there layers. Make up a filter for all the internal walls & then set their view detail level to course

harrisbrett
2009-04-05, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys...

Seems i can't find the 'Wall Function' in the Wall filter? Wall Function is where it say Interior, Exterior. Should i be filtering by something else or am i missing something?

harrisbrett
2009-04-05, 02:58 PM
Ok i've filtered by Description, so i've got my Interior walls correctly filtered. I don't see anywhere to set the Detail Level, just cut pattern overrides, etc.

Scott Womack
2009-04-06, 09:49 AM
You cannot change the detail level using view filters. You would have to vhange the line weights, and/or over ride the cut pattern of the walls. That is all that is available in Revit 2009. At least in 2010, you would be able to filter by the Wall Function.