PDA

View Full Version : Creating Electrical Fixture Familys

mr6jam
2009-04-07, 02:09 PM
I am trying to Create several Electrical Fixtures, both ceiling based and wall based. Do you guys recommend me starting with the revit generic electrical fixture families? Should I draw in the symbol with Symbolic lines? I will need the ability to have a label "x" indicating existing which should be able to get turned on and off, and another label "D" (dimmer) which always stay on. What do you guys think how to do this? Why cant I add a label to this family? Its not giving me the option :(

See attached

mmiles
2009-04-07, 03:09 PM
symbolic lines, yes.

Create and Load "generic annotation" family into the light, or electrical fixture family for your label. Adding parameters to control visibility is done in light family.

I've attached a downlight symbol we use, though I will not say it is "the" best way to go. What I get is a light family that has real capabilities for rendering if I need them; a graphic symbol that can be inserted in a plan view, and added to a legend; scheduled as a light fixture....

mr6jam
2009-04-07, 06:47 PM
Thanks for your help!

So you are saying I create the fixture family from the Electrical Fixture Revit template, and all I have to do there is draw in the symbol lines on the Floor Plan called Reference Level right? But how do I specify how that fixture looks in the wall in 3-D? Or is it already set up?

Then I need to create another Family (Generic Annotation?) I thought I had to draw what the fixture looks like in plan here with Generic Annotation Lines? Do I add the Label here for the "x"? Do I also add text for the "D" ?

Then I save and load thie annotation Family into the First Electrical Fixture Family? Do I specify where to turn the "x" on and off in the properties of the Electrical Fixture Family? I have had problems with not being able to control the label in the properties dialog box, it simply doesnt show up.

See screenshot.

Thanks!!!