PDA

View Full Version : Schedule reference planes

luke.s.johnson
2009-04-08, 12:17 AM
Is there any way to schedule reference planes / grids / levels etc?

This would be a very handy way to organise the model and ensure conventions and standards were being followed.

Is there a way to accomplish this through the API?

Scott Womack
2009-04-08, 10:33 AM
Is there any way to schedule reference planes / grids / levels etc?

This would be a very handy way to organise the model and ensure conventions and standards were being followed.

What you are describing is scheduling annotation objects which is not possible. Don't know about the API though. Also, don't forget, when Autodesk makes substantial changes to or additions to the API, you may have to re-write the API items, and/or recompile them.

clog boy
2009-04-08, 10:48 AM
I don't really agree that RP's, levels and grids are annotation objects, like tags and dimensions are. They're visible in each view and are in essence a surface with a fixed position in a 3D space on which you can generally host solids. But scheduling them in Revit isn't likely possible.
You could make a floor schedule by level, and then check your level names. Grids are very visible on paper, but it is quite hard to keep track on named RP's (or workplanes).

luke.s.johnson
2009-04-16, 05:03 AM
I would just like to be able to check the names of reference planes.

It would be also handy to find the reference planes that don't have names - then you could set up a standard that says - "unnamed reference planes are temporary and will be deleted".

Scott Womack
2009-04-16, 10:07 AM
I don't really agree that RP's, levels and grids are annotation objects, like tags and dimensions are. They're visible in each view and are in essence a surface with a fixed position in a 3D space on which you can generally host solids. But scheduling them in Revit isn't likely possible.

I agree with what you are describing. However, in Revit, you'll find them listed under Annotation, not under models.

On a more interesting note, in Revit 2010, the view filters can now be applied to Sections (and detail) Elevation, and Callout marks. This will promore the use of creating Roof, Interiors, Ceiling, Wall Detail Marks, etc. Then you'll be able to create filters for just one, or all but one catagory to control these in a more automated fashion on larger projects.

luke.s.johnson
2009-04-21, 12:01 AM
How does the 2010 annotation view filters actually work?

Scott Womack
2009-04-21, 10:17 AM
How does the 2010 annotation view filters actually work?

It is NOT applied to annotation beyond the three very specific categories listed in my previous post. No other annotation objects are selectable by the view filters.

If you don't understand view filters, you need to look at the on-line help. IF you do, then it is a little more explainable. If you make a Section Mark for Building Cross Sections, and one for Wall Sections, Now you'll be able say, automatically turn-off all Building Cross Sections in enlarged plans, Interior Elevations, etc. without having to select each one and hid in view, because you want some on and other off. You can, for instance always turn off the interior desiners interior elevation symbols, on the Architectural 1/8" drawings, while having them display on the interior designer's 1/8" floor plans.

Rick Houle
2009-04-21, 12:19 PM
Awesome...