PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture 2010 Now Available for Download on Subscription Center

Revit3D.com
2009-04-08, 04:01 AM
Revit Architecture 2010 just showed up in my subscription center portal.
Hopefully, you all can see it and download it immediately.

On another topic, something I found annoying about the ribbon toolbar in 2010. Well, today I was doing something in Revit Arch 2009 and as I was looking at that bar on the left. You know, the one that when you click on a menu topic, there are a bunch of icon menu choices. Kind of looked like, I don't know, A RIBBON!. Revit's had a ribbon toolbar all along. It was just on the left hand side and vertical.

Toto, we've been home all along.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_c9JEaCzmwSs/SdwftkLsoMI/AAAAAAAAFvc/prW2elEwaKU/16611%4016610_f4c5763bafd1dfdfd2008f619bf44367.pnghttp://lh3.ggpht.com/_c9JEaCzmwSs/SdwjbMa-TdI/AAAAAAAAFwM/dPG9au3dfBU/16614%4016613_c5bd62278d11468d51a7f6ac097d05a3.png

Chad Smith
2009-04-08, 04:31 AM
You must be special because it's not in mine. But then again it might be a regional thing.

niki_funky
2009-04-08, 06:22 AM
We don't have it either.

charliep
2009-04-08, 07:22 AM
Me neither. Probably the usual North America first. Keep us updated.

clog boy
2009-04-08, 07:36 AM
Same here.
I would say it would be online by next Monday, if Monday and Friday weren't bank holidays (well they are here) so my money is on April 20th.

rmejia
2009-04-08, 11:32 AM
Nothing in my subscription center yet. :|

wrartes
2009-04-08, 12:04 PM
i have it and I am downloading right now.This is going to be a great week.

Andre Baros
2009-04-08, 12:32 PM
Time to dust off Internet Explorer and see what's there...

BomberAIA
2009-04-08, 12:38 PM
I just looked and it's not there.

BomberAIA
2009-04-08, 12:42 PM
I made a mistake and found it. Downloading now.

ws
2009-04-08, 01:37 PM
No sign yet...

probably just as well or not much would get done this afternoon ;)

Anyway, will we not need the email with the product key and code to do anything with the download?

niki_funky
2009-04-08, 01:38 PM
Autodesk Impression 3 showed in our subscritption center.

rmejia
2009-04-08, 01:54 PM
Anyway, will we not need the email with the product key and code to do anything with the download?

That information is under Contract Administration in the subscription center website, so as soon as that shows up it can be downloaded and activated.

charliep
2009-04-08, 02:15 PM
Time to dust off Internet Explorer and see what's there...

Beware!! I upgraded to the new IE8 which seems fine, but for some reason as soon as the "log into subscription " page starts to open I get the error message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So having to use Firefox to get into the subscription page.

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-08, 02:19 PM
Revit Architecture 2010 just showed up in my subscription center portal.
Hopefully, you all can see it and download it immediately.

This forum will be on flames for the next few days/months...:veryevil:

Andre Carvalho

clog boy
2009-04-08, 02:20 PM
Beware!! I upgraded to the new IE8 which seems fine, but for some reason as soon as the "log into subscription " page starts to open I get the error message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So having to use Firefox to get into the subscription page.

Using Windows7 beta by any chance?? :)

david.patera186614
2009-04-08, 02:24 PM
That is really weird that the download is just now up! I downloaded and installed it on Friday of last week. If I look at my subscription site now though the download has been taken off. Exact same thing happened with 3ds Max 2010???

ejc
2009-04-08, 02:25 PM
i am in the use and i got nothing!!!

Why must my soul be tortured so???

I aways thought the guys down under got first dipps!

ejc

gwnelson
2009-04-08, 02:28 PM
Not there for me :(

azmz3
2009-04-08, 02:29 PM
I am downloading now, should be done in a couple minutes. cant wait to install and mess around with it.

ws
2009-04-08, 02:38 PM
That information is under Contract Administration in the subscription center website, so as soon as that shows up it can be downloaded and activated.

thanks Robert,

doesn't look I'll need the info until later anyway :roll: ;)

ejc
2009-04-08, 03:10 PM
I am downloading now, should be done in a couple minutes. cant wait to install and mess around with it.

Can you email a link?

i hate you!

ejc

Wes Macaulay
2009-04-08, 03:19 PM
Can you email a link?

i hate you!

ejc
:mrgreen:

I am also wanting to get my hands on the new release sooner than later because the display performance has improved a lot from 2009.

Revit isn't supposed to be released until 16 April, so we have a few days' wait till 2010 is released.

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-08, 03:21 PM
From the looks of it, the link has been removed and it's no longer available for download. It looks like the same thing has happened as last week...the link was put up by accident/prematurely by someone at Autodesk. Hopefully this is the last accidental link and the next time it's available...it will be for sure.

dimitri
2009-04-08, 03:40 PM
Just waiting for my contract manager to get back in office and i'll be downloading too. :)

*hopefully*

ejc
2009-04-08, 04:18 PM
My sources told me that April 8th was the launch date!

ejc

azmz3
2009-04-08, 04:18 PM
I downloaded and talked with our Contract guy here, he said he would have to wait for the license file from Autodesk before we can install it and work with it. it is the same with ACA 2010, he has had the disk for about a week, but cant use it until he gets the license file from Autodesk

Kevin Janik
2009-04-08, 04:23 PM
Could someone post the build number of the download?

Kevin

Paul Monsef
2009-04-08, 04:25 PM
What's the deal... I only see a download for Autodesk 3DS Max Design 2010 and AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1.

Are all the lucky people downloading using the Suite or just Revit? Sometimes I feel penalized for having a current copy of AutoCAD and I need my feelings verified.

And I think we should tackle and wedgie any dealer who jumps the gun again. :o)

truevis
2009-04-08, 04:29 PM
I'm downloading it, now -- 1.45Gb.:p...

UPDATE: Installed and running. Let the kvetching begin!

I actually like it.

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-08, 04:41 PM
What's the deal... I only see a download for Autodesk 3DS Max Design 2010 and AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2009.1.

Are all the lucky people downloading using the Suite or just Revit? Sometimes I feel penalized for having a current copy of AutoCAD and I need my feelings verified.

The lucky people are the ones that went to the download before it got pulled from the site...it has nothing to do with Suite or "plain" Revit.

The live, real, permanent link will be available soon...and that's all I can say. :)

Revit3D.com
2009-04-08, 05:08 PM
Well, I saw it first, and it's gone again for me too. I'll keep you posted when I see it back up again. For those of you who got it, congrats. For everyone else, SOON!!!!!

From the looks of it, the link has been removed and it's no longer available for download. It looks like the same thing has happened as last week...the link was put up by accident/prematurely by someone at Autodesk. Hopefully this is the last accidental link and the next time it's available...it will be for sure.

RobG
2009-04-08, 06:07 PM
got it to download, but everytime i go to extract the download i get an error... not an overly promising start in my opinion..

EDIT: and now it's not there to download to try again..

go figure.

patricks
2009-04-08, 06:27 PM
got it to download, but everytime i go to extract the download i get an error... not an overly promising start in my opinion..

EDIT: and now it's not there to download to try again..

go figure.

Probably an incomplete file or something.

but... is it really going to be nearly 1.5 GB?!?!? :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

bcgatti
2009-04-08, 06:39 PM

Everything seems to be about 1.5 GB - give or take.

Here are the sizes of the items that I've been able to download so far for the 2010 releases (including RAC 2010 which did not complete) ....

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-08, 06:40 PM

I think it is because you'll have the two versions (32 bit and 64 bit) available in one installation.

Andre Carvalho

RobG
2009-04-08, 06:45 PM
download autocad 2010 and thats two files, one for 32 and one for 64, so that rules that one out.

sadly, 1.5gb is not that big these days, especially concidering how much the software fully does. that's my opinion at least.

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-08, 06:54 PM
I think it is because you'll have the two versions (32 bit and 64 bit) available in one installation.

Andre Carvalho

I'd have to re-verify but I think the download might be separate for each version, and the size might be large because it includes the content. Where-as before, you had to download the content during the install.

Rick Moore
2009-04-08, 07:15 PM
When I tried to get it this morning there were separate downloads for 32 bit and 64 bit. The Architecture Suite was also a separate download but it said "not available at this time".
The download stop prematurely, though, and now it shows the old Revit 2009.

I just noticed that my IE8 history has the old link so now I'm trying it with the download manager.

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-08, 07:17 PM
I'd have to re-verify but I think the download might be separate for each version, and the size might be large because it includes the content. Where-as before, you had to download the content during the install.

I installed it last week. It comes as one compressed file. Once extracted, you will see files for both 32 and 64 bits version. As before, the content is downloaded from Autodesk during installation and therefore is not included with the file.

Andre Carvalho

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-08, 07:31 PM
When I tried to get it this morning there were separate downloads for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Maybe they are separating them... It makes more sense if people can pick and download only the one they need.

Andre Carvalho

scott.latch
2009-04-08, 07:56 PM
Okay...Let me provide a little clarity here (I hope :?). This morning we noticed that the Revit products were available and I had them pulled down because they were not supposed to be available yet.

However, I just got off the phone with the manager of the Electronic Fulfillment group and we are going to make the downloads via Sub Center live right now. I'm told you will not be able to see it until your Auto-Fulfillment is processed and the notification email is sent. Operations is working to get through these as quickly as possible, so please be patient.

The download page on Autodesk.com will not be available until the First Customer Ship date. The Electronic Fullfillment download is a Subscription benefit.

Thanks,

scott.latch
2009-04-08, 08:06 PM
The download is larger for two reasons. First, it contains both 32 & 64 bit and ,second, it contains the Rendering Library.

Remember last year when it took forever to download the Rendering Library during the content install. Well this year it is part of the product install and does not require the long download during the content installation. This should make installing Revit much faster.

If we were to seperate the installs the download would still be over 1 GB.

rmejia
2009-04-08, 08:08 PM
Okay...Let me provide a little clarity here (I hope :?).

Thanks for the info, I will keep on waiting patiently then :)

Rick Moore
2009-04-08, 08:46 PM
I'm told you will not be able to see it until your Auto-Fulfillment is processed and the notification email is sent.

I never got one of those for our regular AutoCAD seats but we did get the download and serial number from the subscription site and the DVD has been received.

Rick Moore
2009-04-08, 08:48 PM
The download is larger for two reasons. First, it contains both 32 & 64 bit and ,second, it contains the Rendering Library.

That's not what I'm seeing

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-08, 08:56 PM

Wow, the files have just 3 bytes of difference in size. That's nothing for a large file like that. Looks like they are the same, but named like that to avoid confusion... But again, just speculating.

Andre Carvalho

scott.latch
2009-04-08, 09:01 PM
The files are identical. They both contain 32 & 64 bit versions regardless of the title.

It's a long boring story that I won't get into. :)

Rick Moore
2009-04-08, 09:08 PM
The files are identical. They both contain 32 & 64 bit versions regardless of the title.

It's a long boring story that I won't get into. :)

Alrighty then

BTW, do you know if the vanilla AutoCAD 2010 and the Revit Suite AutoCAD 2010 are identical? They have the exact same byte size. I know with 2009 the updaters and bonus packs were tailored to each. Is that no longer the case?

mbalsom
2009-04-08, 09:13 PM
Still can't see anything here in Australia, or am I missing something. Where abouts in subscription centre is download links ?

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-08, 09:46 PM
Still can't see anything here in Australia, or am I missing something. Where abouts in subscription centre is download links ?

As Scott mentioned previously, basically not everyone will see the download at the same time...you should see a download once you (or someone in your company) receive the fulfillment notification.

As for a location of the download on the subscription page, take a look at the image attached.

cstanley
2009-04-08, 09:58 PM
woo hoo!!! there it is!!! downloading now. Thanks!

RobG
2009-04-08, 11:28 PM
installing now... weee

i miss the old installers cause they had images of MULTIPLE sample projects from different firms. Seems Autodesk has a hard-on for that triangular glass clad building that's on the cover. sadly thats the only project they show images from during the installation.

I know, such a minor complaint, but none the less.

with that said, back to my excitement of a new version of Revit :D

Revit3D.com
2009-04-09, 02:28 AM
It's definitely back up again. Everyone, if you don't see it, just keep trying. They dates keep changing too. It's like Revit Architecture is on an episode of Lost.

...and while you're at it, if you have it, download 3ds Max 2010.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_c9JEaCzmwSs/Sd1csFElTuI/AAAAAAAAFxo/IwLGN8EId1U/image001.png

Alex Page
2009-04-09, 04:05 AM
Note that 'hardware acceleration' is off by default - so turn it on under options otherwise it is extremely slow

Wes - we are using NVIDIA Quadro FX570 video cards - unfortunately it is slower than R2009 when:
Opening up a existing view
rotating 3d view
turning on shadows

A real dissapointment

trombe
2009-04-09, 07:46 AM
Note that 'hardware acceleration' is off by default - so turn it on under options otherwise it is extremely slow

Wes - we are using NVIDIA Quadro FX570 video cards - unfortunately it is slower than R2009 when:
rotating 3d view
turning on shadows

A real dissapointment

Alex,
do you mean that Revit is slower than 09, WITH, your hardware acceleration turned ON or do you mean with acceleration turned OFF, 2010 is much slower (this was not expected ?)
Your above examples are a heavy shot of history with RB9 / 9.1 and the original build and SP1 build of RAC 09.....hope this is going to be an isolated example....thought this would have been 100% fixed by now for goodness sake .

trombe

narlee
2009-04-09, 01:39 PM
Me neither. Probably the usual North America first. Keep us updated.

And...there's...a...problem...with...that...?...:)

ws
2009-04-09, 01:46 PM
Not at all, we can benefit from your 'early-adopter' experiences ;)
I also notice that the version we download is tagged as 'European English', whatever that is (Edit/ or maybe that is just showing on this unexpected AA 2009 listing in my subscription as below).

As an aside, checking in Subscription center (sic), I seem to be able to download Autocad Architecture 2009 as one of my 'product downloads'.

I only have a single user license of Revit Architecture so I'm surprised.

patricks
2009-04-09, 02:27 PM
I'm still not seeing any Revit 2010 files on subscription center :(

scott.latch
2009-04-09, 02:53 PM
BTW, do you know if the vanilla AutoCAD 2010 and the Revit Suite AutoCAD 2010 are identical? They have the exact same byte size. I know with 2009 the updaters and bonus packs were tailored to each. Is that no longer the case?

Yes. they are identical now. The new Product Key tells the installer which version of AutoCAD you are installing for licensing purposes. This is true for Revit and other Autodesk products as well.

Also, the Updates and Bonus Packs will work with all versions of the product they are intended to fix or enhance.

DaveP
2009-04-09, 03:32 PM
Updates and Bonus Packs

Oh, come on, Scott. Now you're just teasing us. ;)

Rick Moore
2009-04-09, 03:46 PM
Yes. they are identical now. The new Product Key tells the installer which version of AutoCAD you are installing for licensing purposes. This is true for Revit and other Autodesk products as well.

Also, the Updates and Bonus Packs will work with all versions of the product they are intended to fix or enhance.

Thank you very much.
I have just started to look at Revit 2010 and so far I like what I see - the QAT for often used commands, Direct3D works well with my card (shadows seem to be much faster), and finally the Project Browser stays put on my second monitor!

Paul Monsef
2009-04-09, 03:48 PM

rotating 3d view
turning on shadows

A real dissapointment
I noticed the same slowness as Alex. It's not drastically slower, but it is slower.
Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon Processors X5365 - 3.00GHz
16 GB DDR2 ECC SDRAM 667MHz
768MB PCIe x16 nVidia Quadro FX 4600
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

patricks
2009-04-09, 04:23 PM
For those who have already d/l it, did you just go to subscription.autodesk.com and log in and it showed up there?

The most recent applications I see are Autodesk Vault 2010 and Impression 3.

charliep
2009-04-09, 04:23 PM
And...there's...a...problem...with...that...?...:)

Not in the least!! I'm more than happy to pay twice as much as my North American cousins for for a second rate service. And I say that with all sincerity folks!! :grin::wink:

Scott Womack
2009-04-09, 04:25 PM
For those who have already d/l it, did you just go to subscription.autodesk.com and log in and it showed up there?

Patrick,

Yes that is how I was able to download it. Beware, it is a HUGE download, over 1.4 gig.

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-09, 04:29 PM

Take a look at the post I have on the top of page 6...there is an image showing where you have to go to get it once it's available. Again, once your fulfillment has gone through, it should be available. And who knows what order or how long it's going to take to get through everyone!?:?

charliep
2009-04-09, 04:30 PM
Using Windows7 beta by any chance?? :)

Nope! Using XP pro on the desktop and Vista Home Premium on the laptop. Anyone from the UK able to download 2010 yet?

Rick Moore
2009-04-09, 04:30 PM

You need to click the link above that

Mike_Maloney
2009-04-09, 05:19 PM
Oaky, so what is this Auto-Fullfilment? AS s Subscription member since a long time ago,
this is the first I've heard about "Auto-Fulfillment", or any other "Fulfillment" for tha matter.

Mike

patricks
2009-04-09, 05:23 PM
Take a look at the post I have on the top of page 6...there is an image showing where you have to go to get it once it's available. Again, once your fulfillment has gone through, it should be available. And who knows what order or how long it's going to take to get through everyone!?:?

Yep, I went there and it only showed AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

BTW it was in the middle of page 3 for me! :p your posts per page must not be set to the forum default of 20 ;)

Scott D Davis
2009-04-09, 05:28 PM
I noticed the same slowness as Alex. It's not drastically slower, but it is slower.

Update those video drivers! See if that helps.

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-09, 05:52 PM
Yep, I went there and it only showed AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

BTW it was in the middle of page 3 for me! :p your posts per page must not be set to the forum default of 20 ;)

Well, I'd keep checking...I would think it would be there relatively soon.:?:

DOH!!...I should have said the post number! :Oops: Which is #51 if anyone is wondering...

Yeah, I have 10 per page for some reason...

Dwane Lindsey
2009-04-09, 05:58 PM

Also make sure you have Vista SP1 installed. I had some problems with slow graphics and some crashing and Vista SP1 helped!

Paul Monsef
2009-04-09, 06:07 PM
You would think after 7 years I'd do that first thing uh? Seems to have been the staple answer for display issues. But seeing how I just updated my drivers at the end of February I assumed there were no updates.

You know what they say when you assume.

Surprisingly, the new drivers (03/09) from Nvidia have even increased 09's performance. I can't say if 2010 is faster then 2009, but it's definitely not slower.

ejc
2009-04-09, 06:31 PM
I would not know anything about Revit 2010, since the download is not being offered to me or any of our 10 licenses.

I am going to go play in traffic now!

ejc

reviot
2009-04-09, 09:54 PM
As an aside, checking in Subscription center (sic), I seem to be able to download Autocad Architecture 2009 as one of my 'product downloads'.

Yes - same here. Only appeared yesterday - hope that does not mean we have to wait until after the Easter break for this to be corrected to be able to download - otherwise might as well wait for the physical shipment.:roll: So much for subscription benefits.:cry:

Alex Page
2009-04-09, 11:01 PM
Alex,
do you mean that Revit is slower than 09, WITH, your hardware acceleration turned ON or do you mean with acceleration turned OFF, 2010 is much slower (this was not expected ?)
Your above examples are a heavy shot of history with RB9 / 9.1 and the original build and SP1 build of RAC 09.....hope this is going to be an isolated example....thought this would have been 100% fixed by now for goodness sake .

trombe

Revit 2010 is definately slower on my PC with hardware acceleration on than R2009:cry:

Im not using the latest driver, Im using 7.15.11.7604 because this is the only stable one I could find for R2009
Will try the latest version 182.46 and let you know whether its any better....
(after a little time) - OK - got the latest Nvidia Driver installed as above and its still slower than R2009

Also - Opened up a project and saved as 2010, restarted everything and the memory use is not good either:
R2010 (upgraded project) on startup - Memory Use = 1.3Gb
R2009 (same project) on startup - Memory Use = 950Mb

mbalsom
2009-04-09, 11:53 PM
Not at all, we can benefit from your 'early-adopter' experiences ;)
I also notice that the version we download is tagged as 'European English', whatever that is (Edit/ or maybe that is just showing on this unexpected AA 2009 listing in my subscription as below).

Same here. Has anyone in Australia been able to download yet? Looks like it won't happen now over the break. most dissapointed !!!!
So far benefits of subscription cost = 0

Wes Macaulay
2009-04-10, 01:17 AM
It's not available for download in Canada yet either; the lawyers evidently have to grease up the downloads before they hit the border

Chad Smith
2009-04-10, 02:13 AM
Has anyone in Australia been able to download yet?
Yep, I was able to download it yesterday (Thursday) morning.

zulu5d
2009-04-10, 05:49 AM
Same here. Has anyone in Australia been able to download yet? Looks like it won't happen now over the break. most dissapointed !!!!
So far benefits of subscription cost = 0

Nope...not for me either

charliep
2009-04-10, 06:49 AM
Oaky, so what is this Auto-Fullfilment? AS s Subscription member since a long time ago,
this is the first I've heard about "Auto-Fulfillment", or any other "Fulfillment" for tha matter.

Mike
I was wondering about it too. Got this from the Business Center might help

>Also, I understand I need to have a "fulfillment" to be able to download the latest product. I don't think I have this, do I need to fill any form in?
Once you log in Subs Center, it has the "Product Downloads" link, and you could download product. No need to fill in any forms.

still.james
2009-04-10, 07:13 AM
has it showed for anyone in the UK in the sub center yet?

Damo
2009-04-10, 08:40 AM
has it showed for anyone in the UK in the sub center yet?
Not for me. Was hoping to have a play around over the Easter.

ws
2009-04-10, 09:16 AM
I had a 'fulfillment' email regarding 3ds max design 2010 upgrade on 1st April and downloaded that - I didn't do anything other than have a current subscription so the fulfillment thing seems to be just jargon for A'desk sending you an email with a link to the sub center and the serial no. and activation code.

No, still not up in the UK - maybe we can pick daffodils or roll Easter Eggs this weekend instead of playing with Revit 2010 ;) :roll:

ws
2009-04-10, 10:03 PM
I don't seem to recall this nonsense last year - why has the roll out been so poor this time?

Ultimately it may not matter but expectations are raised by all the talk of it being a subscription benefit, and some but not others being able to download it - you do feel from the posts here, even from the US, that it is chaotic and does not reflect well on Autodesk (do they care?).

hdjohnson
2009-04-10, 10:36 PM
It still isn't available for us. We're in CA. It would've been nice if Autodesk was able to make it available for everyone instead of a select few.

Howard

mbalsom
2009-04-11, 01:04 AM
This roll-out seems to have no logic to it. Distribution seems not by country,state/provance,Some have it ( in differnt countries),many don't. I think those who don't deserve an explination from Autodesk as to how this distribution works.After all we all pay the same subscription fees and now there seem to be priorities to who recieves access first to this download. Not happy ! Can someone please explain !

mbalsom
2009-04-11, 05:18 AM
My link to download became available just after I wrote my last thread.,1130am Australian East Coast time .There was no e-mail or notification from Autodesk. For those sill waiting just keep checking on subscription centre and keep your fingers crossed.

Andre Baros
2009-04-11, 01:22 PM
I think that this is the first time Autodesk is making the new version available early to subsciption customers. In the past it was a general download that came online when the DVD's shipped. I would rather them smooth out the bumps in the road than stop trying because of too many complaints.

ws
2009-04-11, 04:35 PM
I seem to recall that the dvds last year arrived weeks or months after the download was available.

Subscription center is down this afternoon (Sat) anyway 'for maintenance'.

Maybe things will improve when it reappears? ;)

charliep
2009-04-11, 04:53 PM
Just checked the subscription center and its down for maintenance.

robert768019
2009-04-12, 01:33 AM
Subscription is back ....and where's my 2010 download?????

still.james
2009-04-12, 07:31 AM
same here, you wanna change your sig to Revit on Delayed subscription

samov
2009-04-12, 10:59 PM
same here, you wanna change your sig to Revit on Delayed subscription

hmmm.... guess the servers are running hot :)

Maybe some people managed to get it?!

ws
2009-04-13, 09:21 AM
No, but it is a holiday weekend after all ;)

...maybe tomorrow :roll: ...

niki_funky
2009-04-13, 09:36 AM
In a few days new Revit 2010 will be available for everyone on Autodesk site. So this year I don't have any benefits from subscription centre.

ws
2009-04-13, 10:52 AM
It is all getting a bit bizarre.

Here we are still waiting for a download link to 2010 and David Light posted last Wednesday the result of a poll on what people think of this new release (I thought only Dr Who could do this sort of thing ;) )
http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/

BTW the most useful comments I've seen so far on 2010 are this blog:
http://revitclinic.typepad.com/

Lashers
2009-04-13, 11:19 AM
No, but it is a holiday weekend after all ;)

...maybe tomorrow :roll: ...
Yea! Computers need a day off as well! . . ha . . all because someone wanted to leave early on Thursday and not bother pushing the send button! :mrgreen:

gwnelson
2009-04-13, 02:02 PM
Still nothing, but I didn't get an "fulfillment" e/m either, even though I fulfilled their bank account back in December...

sjsl
2009-04-13, 02:07 PM
Nothing posted yet.

hdjohnson
2009-04-13, 08:11 PM
One of the guys got a response from Autodesk that basically says that they have 30 days from the time it ships to the first costumer to make it available to everyone.

So 30 days from the 16th (?), we'll be able to use 2010. Also, if you've ever had a negative thought about Autodesk, add an additional 30 days for delivery.

ws
2009-04-13, 10:46 PM
They have made a rod for their own backs in tacking on this 'benefit' to subscription.

It isn't really mentioned anywhere in the promotional literature for subscription that you will receive early download of new versions although the 'fulfillment' :roll: email I had for 3ds max 2010 (the rollout of which went very simply and smoothly a week before general availability) states that the early download is a benefit of subscription.

Maybe the staff cuts have been in new product distribution, maybe there are technical difficulties, maybe all sorts of things but the effect is to leave a lot of extremely angry users.

Joef
2009-04-13, 11:54 PM
I haven't heard anything from Subscription yet either. I hope they don't run out!! :-)

Overconstrained
2009-04-14, 12:27 AM
Okay, so I was able to download 2010 through subscription center this morning and got an error during install. It suggested I redownload the file, fine I thought. Went back to subscription center and the download is no longer available. Bummer.

Now our contract details through the subscription website list that we're working on 2010.....I wish that were true! :?

Anyone else had this trouble? We're in New Zealand....not sure why that makes a difference though. We also haven't had this official "fulfillment" email from Autodesk either.

Is this just a case of waiting a few days for things to iron themselves out?

Wes Macaulay
2009-04-14, 12:28 AM
Folks, the Autodesk machine is so large that it takes time to flip all the switches. So if some of you were sold on the idea that getting your software really early is a benefit of Subscription, then King Julien tells me that you're just a sad little head.

Nothing to really be angry about anyway: the first build after RTM often has hidden bugs for all the early adopters to find :mrgreen:

Not to mention the fact that the licensing for 2010 probably isn't even set up yet -- I remember getting close to the 30-day deadline last year. I've been wanting to see 2010 RTM because Beta 4 had some display problems on our end that I was wanting to check the status of the issue in RTM, but hey, whatever -- it can wait.

So even if you can download 2010, don't use it -- your trial license might run out before the licensing is ready for you!

Overconstrained
2009-04-14, 01:21 AM
I'm not angry and I have no problem in waiting...........I just expect that if something is made available to me for download through the subscription center, I should be able to download and install it without too much of an issue.

If I'm not supposed to be downloading it........it shouldn't be there in the first place. ;)

Joef
2009-04-14, 01:38 AM
This is a great quote when taken out of context. :smile:

So even if you can download 2010, don't use it --!

ws
2009-04-14, 08:30 AM
Just had a word with my reseller (here in the UK) and they are saying that Revit 2010 will be available for download on the 16th - this Thursday - as was always intended.

The licensing, with the potential issues Wes indicates, may take longer.

clog boy
2009-04-14, 11:38 AM
Just had a word with my reseller (here in the UK) and they are saying that Revit 2010 will be available for download on the 16th - this Thursday - as was always intended.

The licensing, with the potential issues Wes indicates, may take longer.

From Revit.com?
Leaves me with a friday of tinkering, while fighting for a deadline that has already been pushed back due to some contingencies. Then playing catch-up with other priorities, while tinkering some more and decide on if, how and when to implement. Because that means upgrading the templates and then there's nooo way back.

ws
2009-04-14, 11:52 AM
From Revit.com?

I assume so - they said Revit 2010 will be available to everyone on the 16th which implies the normal 30 day demo route.

charliep
2009-04-14, 12:28 PM
Is Autodesk aware of the frustration & upset the erratic download has caused? If so, I think showing a little consideration to all us subscribers and issuing an official explanation would not go amiss.

patricks
2009-04-14, 01:49 PM
I d/l and installed yesterday, but I've been having major problems with fatal errors generated with seemingly random commands/circumstances. I tried updating my nVIDIA display driver, I tried rolling it back, nothing seems to help.

Perhaps I should wait and re-download after the 16th when I can get it officially registered and licensed.

ejc
2009-04-14, 02:13 PM
You want the truth, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! We are obsessed Revit fanatics!

We want are update, we neeeedddd our update.

"I picked a bad day to stop smoking!"
"I picked a bad day to stop taking amphetamines!"
"i picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue!"

You get the idea!

Revit, where art thou! Apparently new releases only come out when we are overloaded with work. Instead of now while I have plenty of time to post-beta test!

I feel better now!

ejc

sbrown
2009-04-14, 02:45 PM
Have you guys looked at your communitcator icon. I was able to download it from there.

rmejia
2009-04-14, 02:53 PM
Have you guys looked at your communitcator icon. I was able to download it from there.

When I open mine ... the program crashes "An unrecoverable error has occurred." :(

ws
2009-04-14, 05:16 PM

thanks for the suggestion - strangely enough mine popped up today which made me hopeful... but it just announced that my software was up to date and that there were exciting add-ons for Revit 2009 available....

hdjohnson
2009-04-14, 05:48 PM

It doesn't work for us...

ws
2009-04-15, 11:45 PM
Thursday morning here...

no sign yet :roll:

Munkholm
2009-04-15, 11:59 PM
Thursday morning here...

no sign yet :roll:

Being one hour ahead of you (2 a.m. thursday morning) :-) I now get a ballon notification telling me that new software is ready for download - but still no sign of it, in the subscription center....

Maybe one should just head to bed, instead of waiting up for it :shock:

William Troeak
2009-04-16, 12:06 AM
Being one hour ahead of you (2 a.m. thursday morning) :-) I now get a ballon notification telling me that new software is ready for download - but still no sign of it, in the subscription center....

Maybe one should just head to bed, instead of waiting up for it :shock:

I am trying to think back to when I was a kid and used to want to wait up for Santa....Has Autodesk replaced Santa and Revit is our new expensive toy that mom only told us that if we are good Santa would bring for us?

Or maybe its just me......I will be up bright and early here at the crossroads ready to download.....I was never able to download from subscription center.

Chad Smith
2009-04-16, 12:12 AM
Just be mindful that the U.S. runs behind the rest of the world, and that it's not today there yet.

ws
2009-04-16, 12:34 AM
We must be mad...

Just checking on my iPhone before going to sleep

Maybe 'Santa' will have been by morning ;)

sultarc
2009-04-16, 01:26 AM
I got the software today. It asks for a product code of which i have none, to activate permanently. I sent a request to Adesk. Anyone know about this?

Paul Monsef
2009-04-16, 01:41 AM
I got the software today. It asks for a product code of which i have none, to activate permanently. I sent a request to Adesk. Anyone know about this?
I did inquire about this and received these statements back from Adsk.

"Dear Paul Monsef:
Thank you for contacting Autodesk, Inc.
A release date for Revit Architecture 2010 has not yet been given, however it should be within the next few weeks."

Second reply.

"Thank you for contacting Autodesk, Inc. We are contacting you in regards to your download request for Revit Architecture 2010.
If you have downloaded a copy of Revit Architecture 2010 you maybe running on a trial version since the product has not yet released.
Please check the serial number on you program under Help > About. If you display a serial number with all zero's, you are currently running a 30 day trial.
Once you see that you have a 2010 serial number available on your Coverage Report in the Subscription Center, you can then insert that serial number on the program you have downloaded to run a full version that does not expire.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Thank you for contacting Autodesk, Inc."

The serial #'s will some once the product is released, in a little as a few weeks. :) Go figure.

mbalsom
2009-04-16, 01:46 AM

Your product code and serial no. is available in subscription center / contract administration / coverage report / then click on contact# No. this will give you your info to install and activate.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-16, 03:37 AM
I just wanted to say a few words since I started this thread a week ago. For those of you frustrated by "The Borg" and your inability to download the software from subscription center, I apologize for starting the thread that you could download the software before official release.

Officially, Autodesk was running a test this year for 3 countries, not including the US where customers could opt out of physical delivery and receive their subscription renewals via download. That being said, it's not really official that you are allowed to download the software before the official release date. I know it's annoying that random people had access to the files and others did not. Tomorrow is the official ship date, and I imagine, it'll show up for everyone via download.

Would you rather not have known about the pre-release download availability or known that it was only for random people? So, it's my fault for releasing the information. At least some of you got it. The important thing is, TOMORROW IS THE 16TH!!!! You can download the software at the front end of Autodesk. Here's the link http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11017599
It should switch from 2009 to 2010 sometime tomorrow morning.

Now, who wants to start talking about www.revit2011.com?

robert768019
2009-04-16, 04:18 AM
I just wanted to say a few words since I started this thread a week ago. For those of you frustrated by "The Borg" and your inability to download the software from subscription center, I apologize for starting the thread that you could download the software before official release.

No need to apologise!
I rather liked the idea of the chase once the cat was out of the bag!
Like a kid before Xmas I think...finally downloaded it a few days ago...hassled the reseller for serials etc. and now its all working.

ws
2009-04-16, 08:16 AM
The 'early download for subscription users' was also posted on the excellent Revit Clinic blog last Thursday
http://tiny.cc/IYUre

and I also don't think Greg needs to apologise - even my reseller applauded his infectious enthusiasm for all things Revit :)

neil.armour
2009-04-16, 08:19 AM
Well dont know whats going on here, im in uk and on subscription and still no 2010, all i get is 2009 version. I contacted my reseller yesterday who say i should be able to see the 2010 products so they are taking it up with AutoDesk.
Even the trial on the main site is 2009 as i was just going to download this today, how frustrating and poor service.

ws
2009-04-16, 08:32 AM
As was remarked earlier in this thread, it is still the middle of the night in the US - which seems to be what counts (at least 4 hours behind us?).

neil.armour
2009-04-16, 09:18 AM
Hi William and thanks but thought it would have been up by now, something is not right

ws
2009-04-16, 09:36 AM
Well, the story I am getting is that it was a mistake compounded by the confusion that can arise in a large corporation.

I daresay the usual suspects have been rounded up and sent to Azkaban ;)

Nice to see another Northern Revit user here as well (nice website too).

Lashers
2009-04-16, 09:42 AM
Ho hum . . . my excitement has dropped through the floor now . . . I had a couple of days free to play and now thats passed and back to work! :(

neil.armour
2009-04-16, 09:42 AM
Well we shall see, im hoping to get it today just to have a good look at it but reading some of the comments to date from others they are saying it is a poor release.
Thanks for the comments on web site, still getting into revit but love it, have used AutoCAD, ArchiCAD & Sketchup mainly but Revit is the tool.
Was looking at your web site the other night and it looks really good as well, you are producing some very good drawings i must say with Revit. Do you still use Allplan? or have you switched over 100% now to Revit

ws
2009-04-16, 09:55 AM
Yes, I'm using Allplan 2008 as I write this ;)
I've started all new projects in Revit for the past 2 years but I have many years of Allplan projects to maintain and occasionally amend or update.

Revit 2010 will prove to be a significant release I think - there has been a lot of work done in the bits 'under the bonnet (hood)' - the change to Direct3D instead of OpenGL and the improvements to the API.

As I always say when dealing with corporations like Autodesk (and Nemetschek) 'resistance is useless' ;) :roll:

Lashers
2009-04-16, 10:04 AM
. . . .As I always say when dealing with corporations like Autodesk (and Nemetschek) 'resistance is useless' ;) :roll:

Ha, William you may be right! But, in the best traditions of being human . . we can't help but to try and do so! Just to see if it is possible.:beer:

neil.armour
2009-04-16, 10:05 AM
Ah just checked and they are 8 hours behind us so its about 3am there now. I think we may get something later today, fingers crossed!!

charliep
2009-04-16, 11:13 AM
As I always say when dealing with corporations like Autodesk (and Nemetschek) 'resistance is useless' ;) :roll:

While resistance may be futile, it does keep them on their toes. Don't want them to become complacent and think they can fob us of with just any old rubbish. Just be careful they don't take you into room 101!:eek:

rmejia
2009-04-16, 11:21 AM
Let's see if today is the day. It's 7:17am over here and if the Autodesk offices are in California, it will be 5 more hours before they get to work :|

Looks like for you guys in the UK this will be a Friday release. Maybe Autodesk should move their offices to wherever in the world the day starts ;)

Andrew Dobson
2009-04-16, 11:34 AM
Revit 2010 will prove to be a significant release I think

I think that you will be disappointed, as Revit 2010 is a very minor release.

It does not contain any new functionality that most Architects will find useful, and the UI makeover has not changed the things that needed fixing (such as the archaic modal dialog boxes).

Performance is very similar to 2009, printing with shadows is a bit faster and 3D navigation with shadows is a bit slower.

The new modeling tools are just for massing.

AP23
2009-04-16, 11:49 AM
It does not contain any new functionality that most Architects will find useful

Most architects?....Are you talking about most architects in the UK?

ws
2009-04-16, 12:07 PM
I think that you will be disappointed, as Revit 2010 is a very minor release.

It does not contain any new functionality that most Architects will find useful, and the UI makeover has not changed the things that needed fixing (such as the archaic modal dialog boxes).

Performance is very similar to 2009, printing with shadows is a bit faster and 3D navigation with shadows is a bit slower.

The new modeling tools are just for massing.

I suppose I meant significant for the future development of Revit, but it's only informed speculation until I receive the actual product :?

clog boy
2009-04-16, 01:39 PM
Let's see if today is the day. It's 7:17am over here and if the Autodesk offices are in California, it will be 5 more hours before they get to work :|

Looks like for you guys in the UK this will be a Friday release. Maybe Autodesk should move their offices to wherever in the world the day starts ;)

Well the sun rises in the east... how about they follow at least one trend and move to India? ;)

kgoff
2009-04-16, 02:10 PM
Well, now I have all the extensions and the documentation for 2010 available for download, but not the program itself. *sigh*

ws
2009-04-16, 02:34 PM
Hot Issues for Revit 2010 has been updated as well
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/index?siteID=123112&id=2956546&linkID=9243099

Andrew Dobson
2009-04-16, 02:49 PM
Most architects?....Are you talking about most architects in the UK?

The majority of Architects everywhere.

I think this is a marketing release by Autodesk, making Revit look pretty for potential users with the UI and capable of doing organic architecture via the new massing features.

The new massing features may be of use to some, as might the new API features, but I think that for the majority of users, producing rectilinear buildings, this release will be a disappointment.

ws
2009-04-16, 03:12 PM
Well, now I have all the extensions and the documentation for 2010 available for download, but not the program itself. *sigh*

Ah, I see what you mean - they are all listed in the Subscription site....

Hmm, interesting - a quick look through the 'model performance technical note' reveals that multi-threading is available by a tweak for wall clean-ups if you want it and also some aspects of printing are multi-threaded.

neil.armour
2009-04-16, 03:33 PM
well i have got an e mail telling me to go and download the new software. So i log into subscription and it still lists 2009 version????
2010 extensions etc are there but thats it!

ws
2009-04-16, 03:38 PM
At least you have an email :?
(Your surname begins with 'A' of course... )

Nearly the end of the working day here and still no sign... might have to work overtime tonight (as usual) ;)

stellarblue153
2009-04-16, 03:39 PM
I didn't get the email, but I have the same issue... still no Revit 2010 on subscription... just the extras.

Matt Brennan
2009-04-16, 03:53 PM
No problem here. Downloading all 32 and 64 apps. Each one is at 1.4gb.

ws
2009-04-16, 04:06 PM
Just gone live on the main download site :)

gravelin
2009-04-16, 04:07 PM
Also downloadable here :
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12828862

Wes Macaulay
2009-04-16, 04:21 PM
The Revit 2010 download is live at the link noted above. We have 2010 listed in our Subscription report so I expect to be able to get a license for it presently...

BWG
2009-04-16, 04:25 PM
But still not downloadable via subscription. I was told by a reseller that the subscription is changing at autodesk. They haven't given me all the details yet, but hold onto your pocket books is what they alluded too. Something about half price for upgrades??? Do any of you resellers know of this?

Matt Brennan
2009-04-16, 04:27 PM
Also downloadable here :

Interesting, the Autodesk website does not give you the option to download either the 32bit or 64 bit version unlike the subscription website.

So which version is listed on the Autodesk website?

PS. Just installing RAC2010 64bit

ws
2009-04-16, 04:33 PM
I think both files are the same - it was easier to just call them 32 bit and 64 bit...

ws
2009-04-16, 05:33 PM
Hey ho, when decompressed some files are corrupt... download again :roll:

No download manager seems to be offered in the main download site.

Joef
2009-04-16, 05:47 PM
The Revit 2010 download is live at the link noted above. We have 2010 listed in our Subscription report so I expect to be able to get a license for it presently...

Have you gotten an official letter from Subscription? I've heard nothing yet.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-16, 06:40 PM
Easiest link to get Revit.... www.revitarchitecture2010.com.
This is a live link to the download file.

The executable file contains both 32 and 64-Bit versions of Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010.
The executable file can be applied to both the standalone and Suite versions of Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010.
Downloads are applicable to licenses under subscription or for trial or demo licenses for non-subscription users, worldwide.
Files saved in new releases of this product are not compatible with previous releases. However, files saved in the same release are compatible across different build numbers.

christo4robin
2009-04-16, 08:10 PM
Downloaded last night from subscription - windows explorer freezes when I run the .exe file - tried on two different computers - no luck. Anyone else with this?

Wes Macaulay
2009-04-16, 08:25 PM
Have you gotten an official letter from Subscription? I've heard nothing yet.
No, I didn't -- I just figured it was the 16th and FCS time so I thought it might be there, and lo, it was.

I actually want to roll 2010 out to the office fairly quickly to get everyone running on the faster graphics, and to learn the new interface.

ws
2009-04-16, 09:35 PM
Downloaded last night from subscription - windows explorer freezes when I run the .exe file - tried on two different computers - no luck. Anyone else with this?

No but I have two Vista 64 PCs - one unpacks the .exe perfectly, the other keeps finding a CRC checksum error in the materials cab file (I think, it whizzes past so fast).

archjake
2009-04-16, 10:12 PM
I tried RAC 2010 twice and the file that downloads has a corrupt portion. Not off to a good start.

Wes Macaulay
2009-04-16, 10:15 PM
I use Firefox's extension called DownthemAll -- a download manager. Really speeds things up, too -- give that a go

Lashers
2009-04-16, 10:17 PM
I am on Vista Business 64, it installed fine but keeps crashing on startup when it is looking to activate. Got fed up and will try again tomorrow!
Could be something to do with my security but it still happened when I (think) I turned everything off.

neil.armour
2009-04-16, 10:33 PM
Well finally downloaded on link provided by Greg (Thankyou!!) as nothing in subscription but my serial and pass key were there for 2010 under my contract? (strange). Installed and activated a treat on my macbook pro under parallels. First impression runs very good, in fact better than 2009 though i have not used a full proper project as yet. I think the new UI is great and once used to it will work very well. I think it is something you are going to either love or hate. I think it has helped that i have only used Revit 2009 since last November as opposed to years and years. Anyway i like the new look so far but will dig deeper over next few days although i have work stacked up to do.

Wagurto
2009-04-16, 10:40 PM
I didn't find what's new on this release. Is there any list of features, improvemtens or bugs fixes?
I didn't try revit 2010 yet but it seam to be a dull release am I wrong?
thanks

christo4robin
2009-04-16, 10:47 PM
Ok - windows explorer finally recovered on one of the computers and the install seemed to be going - slowly, but going. Then freeze-o-rama during install. Had to turn off that machine with the power button - even ctrl+alt+del wouldn't bring up Task Manager. Decided to try a fresh download per Wes' suggestion with dTa. We'll see...

ws
2009-04-16, 11:10 PM
I didn't find what's new on this release. Is there any list of features, improvemtens or bugs fixes?
I didn't try revit 2010 yet but it seam to be a dull release am I wrong?
thanks

There is a feature summary on the download page:

but if you have a subscription there are more documents available.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-17, 02:39 AM
Now that you've spent the day downloading Revit, extracting, installing, playing around with the new Ribbon toolbar (that hopefully you actually kind of like), here's tomorrow's homework...

Revit Extensions for Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13124999) Extension 2009-04-16
Globe Link for Autodesk Revit 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13125070) Extension 2009-04-16
Batch Print for Autodesk Revit 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13125144) Extension 2009-04-16
Bridge Toolkit for Autodesk Revit Structure 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13124629) Documentation 2009-04-16
Revit Extensions for Autodesk Revit Structure 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13124703) Extension 2009-04-16
Model Performance Technical Note for Autodesk Revit 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13124782) Documentation 2009-04-16
Revit Extensions for Autodesk Revit MEP 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13124843) Extension 2009-04-16
Worksharing Monitor for Autodesk Revit 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13124917) Extension 2009-04-16
Robot Extensions for Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2010 (http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=13125261) Extension 2009-04-16

still.james
2009-04-17, 08:30 AM
cheers for the links, in my sub center i only have the extensions available for downloand

ws
2009-04-17, 08:45 AM
I had my email from subscription centre about 20 minutes ago and Revit 2010 is now showing in my subscription product downloads, and so I imagine yours can't be far away.

neil.armour
2009-04-17, 11:54 AM
Well even though i got the program from elsewhere i still dont have 2010 in my subscription, just all the extensions??

ws
2009-04-17, 12:47 PM
Although I have my product key and serial no. I am going to run Revit 2010 as a trial for as long as possible - my new Core i7 PC has been crashing randomly for a fortnight (and it gave the CRC checksum error on the Revit 2010 download decompression).

Latest idea, whic so far seems to have worked (no CRC errors when installing Revit 2010), is to remove one set of 3 x 2GB sticks of ram in case it is faulty.

btrusty
2009-04-17, 01:07 PM
has anyone gotten their revit 2010 subscription information yet?

im in the same boat that everyone else is, "trial mode"

fun fun!

niki_funky
2009-04-17, 01:12 PM
I downloaded Revit 2010 from Autodesk.com, not from subscription center and then I registered Revit with the Serial number I got in Sub.center. No problems.

Andrew Dobson
2009-04-17, 03:40 PM
Although I have my product key and serial no. I am going to run Revit 2010 as a trial for as long as possible - my new Core i7 PC has been crashing randomly for a fortnight (and it gave the CRC checksum error on the Revit 2010 download decompression).

Latest idea, whic so far seems to have worked (no CRC errors when installing Revit 2010), is to remove one set of 3 x 2GB sticks of ram in case it is faulty.

Our IT dept often recommend this to us, and it does seem to be helpful.

We also only buy Kingston Ram, which seems to be more reliable.

ws
2009-04-17, 03:57 PM
thanks Andrew,

I've always bought Kingston but http://www.armari.com installed 12GB (2 x 3 x 2GB) Corsair ram - not that it should matter I would have thought?

The Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard requires 3 channels filled and so I've just pulled the second set of matched memory modules...

Working great with Revit 2010 so far...

but then it always does after I've spoken to Armari tech support :roll: :)

btrusty
2009-04-17, 03:58 PM
if you have not gotten your email with the new subscription information for autocad/revit 2010

go login to the subscription site, and go to "Contract Administration" (i think that is what it was called, i dont have it on my account as only the primary office manager has that information)

they (autodesk) has updated the contract information, which has the serial number and product key listed with your subscription information.

though we have not received our email yet

Joef
2009-04-17, 05:20 PM
I haven't heard from subscription either, so I sent them my email address again. Sometimes people write things down and then misplace them. I figure that may be what happened, so I mentioned in my email that they should write it down someplace where they won't lose it this time.

patricks
2009-04-17, 07:44 PM
Product Key for Revit 2010 is 240B1 (two-four-zero-bee-one). Should be the same for everyone using standalone Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010. Other versions like Suite versions will have a different Product Key.

ws
2009-04-17, 07:51 PM
It's a new serial number though.

patricks
2009-04-17, 08:44 PM
It's a new serial number though.

Yeah I knew that. I think the product key is a new thing. I don't remember having to enter a product key when installing 2009.

ws
2009-04-17, 09:14 PM
I was told it's so that there is only one Revit version and the product key decides whether it is RAC Suite or RAC on its own - but as you can install it as a trial without that key perhaps it defaults to RAC on its own?

Joef
2009-04-18, 12:52 AM
I just got a reply from Autodesk explaining that my subscription had expired on the very day that 2010 was released. Therefore no download. Of course, I only received my invoice 2 days ago and I would never have received it at all if I hadn't phoned my dealer last week to ask about it. I would have expected all this stuff to take place without my intervention, but seems not to be the case. Do the rest of you who manage subscriptions have to call up every year to get an invoice?

Revit3D.com
2009-04-18, 01:42 AM
Your reseller is an *******. We have access to every upcoming subscription renewal over 90 days before your expiration. We send a renewal proposal at 90, 60 and 30 days out, call and email the proposal to every subscription customer. It's almost impossible to not contact a customer about subscription.

There is a grace period on renewals (for anyone else w/this issue), so you can still renew without an extra fee. I'd find another reseller who actually takes the time to offer you customer service and not take you for granted. Here's a link (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1088201)to find another reseller in your zip code 250 mile radius. You should call them up, tell them to cancel the order and find someone else. Autodesk does send an email as well about subscription renewal. Subscription managers should check for proper address and email address for subscription manager.

Anyone working at a firm with changes in address or personnel, your reseller can help you with a change of address or subscription manager change. If you moved and didn't notify your reseller, there is no process to automatically change your address online. There's a form you have to fill out, sign and send to your reseller to forward to Autodesk for processing.

I hope that helps and still can't believe your reseller didn't contact you. It's not like their phones are ringing off the hook during the recession.

I just got a reply from Autodesk explaining that my subscription had expired on the very day that 2010 was released. Therefore no download. Of course, I only received my invoice 2 days ago and I would never have received it at all if I hadn't phoned my dealer last week to ask about it. I would have expected all this stuff to take place without my intervention, but seems not to be the case. Do the rest of you who manage subscriptions have to call up every year to get an invoice?

Revit3D.com
2009-04-18, 01:53 AM
The product key is a brand new thing.
I think it's great because now you can download Revit as a trial, then get the Suite and not have to uninstall the standalone version for the Suite version of Revit. There were two separate versions of AutoCAD as well. Both identical, but the licensing is different because of the pairing with to products for the Suites.

It may seem a tad annoying to you, but it is much easier for you to get the software trials and it's greener because Autodesk has to create fewer trial options. Now the same downloaded software can be deployed as 3 different options.

Anyone who has some Revit Architecture standalones and some Revit Arch Suites just needs to keep one DVD on the server. I wonder what this does for network deployments....

Here are the keys for anyone who needs them.
Revit 2010-based Product Keys:

240B1 - Revit Architecture 2010
241B1 - AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2010
595B1 - AutoCAD Revit Architecture Visualization Suite 2010
255B1 - Revit Structure 2010
256B1 - AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2010
297B1 - Revit MEP 2010
257B1 - AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2010
589B1 - Autodesk Revit MEP-B 2010

Yeah I knew that. I think the product key is a new thing. I don't remember having to enter a product key when installing 2009.

Revit3D.com
2009-04-18, 01:58 AM
Joef, here's the list for BC. Cancel your order and call one of the others.
Loyalty is a two way street!
Authorized Autodesk Value Added Resellers

Autodraft, Inc. (http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/nadealdis.pl?dealid=CAD112)North VancouverBC604 984-3332
IMAGINiT Technologies Canada (http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/nadealdis.pl?dealid=CAD117)RichmondBC800 356-9050
Summit Technologies Ltd. (http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/nadealdis.pl?dealid=CAD126)VancouverBC604 568-8324
Pacific Alliance Technologies, Inc. (http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/nadealdis.pl?dealid=CAD132)VancouverBC877 691-9171

Joef
2009-04-18, 02:35 AM
I'm very loyal to my dealer, I just wish the machinery of subscription were more sophisticated.

still.james
2009-04-18, 06:43 PM
wahoo mine has finally arrived in the subscription center, i think im gonna have a beer in celebration haha

i wont be using it yet though, as i have a few projects at detailing stage that i dont want to be held up.

fuzmorten
2009-12-07, 09:49 PM
wahoo mine has finally arrived in the subscription center, i think im gonna have a beer in celebration haha

i wont be using it yet though, as i have a few projects at detailing stage that i dont want to be held up.

This is the reason I don't use REVIT... lack of continuity every version is different!
Very disappointing

sfaust
2009-12-07, 11:41 PM
lack of continuity every version is different!
Very disappointing

I think there would be more disappointment if every version were the same...

MRV
2009-12-08, 01:38 PM
And we can tell you don't use Revit...

nsinha73
2009-12-08, 09:03 PM
And we can tell you don't use Revit...

LOL!!! Right On!

mohamedsallam223v
2010-05-29, 10:01 AM
hi all and thanks for the information
but i have question about the serial number

i have revit architecture 2010 and when i try to setup it ask me for serial and product key

ofcours i got this key like you all said but what about the serial ??? :)

please help and have a nice day