PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Override for "Open to Below"

plavallee
2009-04-08, 09:02 PM
Is there a way to set-up a single view template that or a graphic override that automaticaly halftone anything beyond the view plane of the plan?

Here is the situation. We are working on a building with an atrium space and the "boss" wants to show the elements from below the floor plans in halftone without selecting each item and applying a graphics override to it. Is there a quicker way?

davidcobi
2009-04-08, 09:08 PM
1. Go to Settings... Line Styles... and set the <Beyond> linestyle to gray.
2. Now in your View Range set View Depth to Unlimited and the Bottom to Second Floor.
3. Everything beyond the Second Floor should display as the <Beyond> linestyle.

You can also set the first floor as an Underlay in View Properties.

cporter.207875
2009-04-08, 09:12 PM
What do you mean by view plane? Is this the cut plane? Or the overall View Range?

If something is outside the view range then you are not going to see it at all, unless you set other objects' relative view as an underlay to the current view, and then it will automatically be halftone. You can also do what Duarte posted, depending on how you define "beyond."

If you are trying to halftone objects that are below the cut plane, I think you would have to select each element and apply a graphic override (or use the same method that duarte posted).

plavallee
2009-04-09, 02:05 PM
Thank you dduarte. This is Quite simple and I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself. Sometimes you can't see the forest from the trees.