PDA

View Full Version : Adding Generic Annotation Family to Exit sign

mr6jam
2009-04-09, 03:08 PM
I am trying to add the Generic Annotation Family (that I created from Revits Imperial Template - (SEE ATTACHED)) to the Exit sign Family that Revit comes with out of the box. I am doing this because I need the Device to look that way in plan per our office standards. The problem is that Revit gives me the following error message:

'Exit Annotation': Only the following kinds of families can be loaded into a 3d model family:
- 3d model families
- detail families
- generic annotations
- section heads)

The family I am trying to load IS a Generic Annotation thoughm so why all the fuss?

Any suggestions?

Rick Houle
2009-04-09, 03:20 PM
Could it be because your Generic Annotation family is listed under the category "Furniture Tag"..?

mr6jam
2009-04-09, 06:42 PM
That was it! Thanks for pointing that out. Major stress relief.

Everything looks good now, I'm almost there, except one thing:
When I drop my new Exit sign into a ceiling plan, it shows the actual sign underneath the annotation symbol running right below the center of the symbol (see attached pdf). I would like to only see the symbol, not the sign itself (in RCP view). Do you know what causes this? Thanks!

mr6jam
2009-04-09, 07:00 PM
Oh, I also attached the family if you want to take a look. It looks fine when you open the family but shows the sign underneath when you drop the family into the ceiling plan.

mr6jam
2009-04-09, 07:55 PM
I also noticed that the sign that is visible underneath the annotation symbol is not even centered, how can I make sure the symbol is centered? When I drew it in the annotation family I made sure it is placed right over the reference planes.

Thanks