PDA

View Full Version : Linked CAD file prints very light

patricks
2009-04-09, 04:53 PM
I have linked in a CAD file from a kitchen consultant, with the equipment schedule showing from the CAD file. The text and lines in that schedule print very thin and light, even though I set the lines to all Black when linking.

I tried to override the line weight of the particular layer that the schedule is on, but that made the schedule turn gray! I tried overriding the line weight of the entire CAD link in the view (not individual layers) and that made the schedule lines thicken slightly, but I'm still not sure what to do about the text in the schedule.

Any ideas?

Cory.Killpack
2010-10-05, 03:31 PM
Did you ever resolve this? I am trying to make use of a linked CAD file, but no matter what override I use it still prints out thin as you describe.

cliff collins
2010-10-05, 03:52 PM
If you have not already,

Try going to Object Styles in Imported Categories and over riding graphics there.

cheers

twiceroadsfool
2010-10-05, 04:48 PM
If the *text* in the schedule is an .shx font in AutoCAD, you need to get to the layer the individual pieces of text are on, and override THAT in Object Styles > Imported Objects. The "Letters" in an .shx are just lines, and the Lineweight mapping probably brought them in as a lineweight 1.

If they use a .TTF in their text, it will plot much better, and look much nicer.

Cory.Killpack
2010-10-05, 04:50 PM
I just figured out my problem, it was an issue of scale. The lines I drew in CAD were 4.5' long. I linked it into a drafting view, and was printing to an 8.5"x11" scaled to fit. The drastic scale down made it appear to be line weight 1/halftone no matter what setting I had in OBS or VG overrides. Once I scaled the lines down in CAD to something that could be printed 1:1, it worked great.